MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi again - looking for some advice on my SWG run time. I have an Intex Krystal Clear ECO system and a ~4400 gal pool. Per the manual, it states that I should be running the pump for 8 hours and the SWG for 6 hours. (Pump is Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump). When doing this, my FC remains high around 10-12ppm. I shut the SWG off for 2 days and was able to get FC to drop to 7.5ppm and CYA reading was 60. This appears to be closer to the range of what I need to maintain per PoolSchool (I want to increase CYA a bit but afraid to do so until FC is lower than 10). Now I need to get it back on so it doesn't drop too low! My question - I'm fairly certain my SWG cannot be adjusted for reduced %. Therefore, I think my other option is to reduce the SWG run time. Is that correct? Should I also reduce the pump time? The manual doesn't seem to offer much advice on this.
I used the Effects of Adding in the app for my specific SWG and a pump run time of 4 hours which shows it would increase FC by 2.9. My guess is when the kids are playing in there, the sun is shining, water temp increases, etc. this might be a good amount to replace FC (although I know only testing will confirm that). I guess I just am looking for confirmation that it's alright to reduce the SWG time than what's recommended in the manual and that it will still maintain an appropriate level of FC for us to swim. I'm afraid to put the kids in there when its at 10ppm! And if it's at 7ppm now plus the 2.9ppm increase, we're going to be back up too high again...
Thank you all for your help!

What is your CYA level?

Yes, reduce your SWG daily runtime.

Average FC loss is around 3ppm/day in your area.

What is your CYA level?

Yes, reduce your SWG daily runtime.

Average FC loss is around 3ppm/day in your area.
CYA at last reading was 60,w hen FC was 7.5. Going to test again today before turning on SWG so I can monitor changes.

Reactions: Manuel2022
Skin and eye irritation is related to low pH and/or CC. Not FC within range.
Right - that part I knew. But I just thought that at high level of FC (SLAM amounts) that it might also cause some sort of irritation. Great to know!

As an update - I ran my SWG for only 2 hours yesterday (rather than the normal 6) and let the kids swim a bit. Retested this am, results below. Going to add a little more salt, small amount of CYA and probably run the SWG for 3 hours to see how the results change. Guessing this is going to be trial and error to determine what run times maintain appropriate levels.
FC 6
CYA 50
pH 7.6
Salt 2900

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.