SWG ratings

The words ‘call attorney about a class action lawsuit’ may or may not come out of my mouth.
They specify arbitration.

I don't know if that has any legal weight or not.

"Any dispute between the original purchaser and CircuPool Products will be settled by binding arbitration, conducted in Harris County, Texas, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. CircuPool Products (888)-206-9938".

www.circupool.com/help

https://www.circupool.com/assets/doc/CircuPool-SJA-Manual.pdf

They specify arbitration.

I don't know if that has any legal weight or not.

It may provide some amount of protection on individual suits but is probably most effective in deflecting individual suits from ever being filed. But the thought of a class action against them should give them nightmares and I would not expect that clause to provide any protection at all. Assuming we are right about the false production specs, I have no idea whether or not this is large enough to get the attention of an attorney who knows how to go about class actions but conceptually it’s definitely the type of situation which warrants it.

Not dissimilar to auto mpg claims vs actual performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesW
Is that the truth or just what you tell them?
😁
it’s the Truth, I give them information for what the problem is. Issue is they troubleshoot using a chart.
I give them signal strengths off my modem and they still don’t get it!
Last time after 4 calls and 3 dispatch’s the guy come out with a brain and says the cable is bad between the street and my house and has it fixed it 15 minutes

Assuming we are right about the false production specs,
You will need some sort of proof regarding the actual production.

You would need to have several units tested at a qualified lab like UL or Consumer Reports that does testing on products on a regular basis.

Maybe ask Consumer Reports to do a study on SWGs including Hayward, Jandy, Pentair, Circupool and others for an unbiased side by side comparison.

Cell is off. 13 plates

T-15 has 13 Titanium Plates, 150 x 63mm. Produces 1.47 lbs/day.

As near as I can measure, plate size is pretty close to the T-15.

I did put the detached cell in a bucket of pool water to visually verify it is bubbling when powered and it is.

I might call circupool tomorrow to ask if they measure FC output when testing or just verify it is making FC. If (when) they tell me they only verify it is making FC, I might just satisfy myself by sternly telling off whatever poor manager is on the schedule about their bad business practices until they give me some money back (or just hang up on me).

There is likely no need to send the cell to Texas and back if they don’t actually quantify the output.

Next post will be to ask for recommendations on a VSP as its inevitable cause I am going to need to start running the pump 24/7

Attachments

• 685A2452-7F01-42B2-8255-846836163148.jpeg
    685A2452-7F01-42B2-8255-846836163148.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 6
Cell is off. 13 plates

As near as I can measure, plate size is pretty close to the T-15.

I did put the detached cell in a bucket of pool water to visually verify it is bubbling when powered and it is.

I might call circupool tomorrow to ask if they measure FC output when testing or just verify it is making FC. If (when) they tell me they only verify it is making FC, I might just satisfy myself by sternly telling off whatever poor manager is on the schedule about their bad business practices until they give me some money back (or just hang up on me).

There is likely no need to send the cell to Texas and back if they don’t actually quantify the output.

Next post will be to ask for recommendations on a VSP as its inevitable cause I am going to need to start running the pump 24/7
All this makes me wanna just pull the trigger on the Calimar 40k unit & save the difference in $$ for a replacement cell since I’d need to run it more- i was really hoping the universal 55 was a decent contender. I understand “embellished” production #’s but this much more than that.
The only real way to tell if it’s a defect or just what those units produce is to get a replacement & see if production increases for u- if they don’t actually test production.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is my opinion and best assessment.

The entire line was created in China by a company that reverse engineered the Hayward Aquarite.

Then, Pace Research Ltd. had the products manufactured with the brand name Circupool.

As far as I can tell, there is no company called Circupool.

As far as I can tell, Circupool is just a brand name like Crest toothpaste.

There is no company called Crest that makes toothpaste.

The company is Proctor and Gamble.

Maybe Pace Research Ltd or Pace Car Corp. has registered a DBA (Doing Business As) so that they can operate under the name Circupool, but I can't find any such registration.

It's a misrepresentation to operate as a legal entity without having a registered company or DBA.

[Edit]Assumed name (DBA) Circupool products Registered in Harris county texas owned by Pace Car Corp.[end edit]

The warranty card says Circupool Products that would make the warranty statement void because Circupool is not a legal entity unless there is a company registered as Circupool.

Legal documents have to use the name of the responsible legal entity.

Most likely, Pace Research Ltd has probably not done anything to verify the actual production and they have probably just used the theoretical potential production.

If Pace Research Ltd has any independent test data, they should make it available.

Pace Research Ltd can also provide any additional information that they feel will clarify the situation.

Last edited:
This shows that Pace Research Ltd is the buyer of the products.

Discount Salt Pools is a DBA.

The warranty uses the name Circupool Products, which might be registered somewhere as a company.

If Circupool Products was a legal entity it seems like they would be registered as the buyer.

1657767455233.png

From Nov 7 2012.
"Hi.
My name is Donald Uhle and along with my brother Ken, own the company that is the exclusive distributor in North America for CircuPool products. I’m happy to provide details about our company and I encourage any interested parties to check us out: You will find that we are good people doing an honest business.
We started our business in 1997 with the Texas Corporation Pace Aero Corp and in 2004, it was furthered as Pace Research Ltd. Our legal DBA’s have been PoolBids.com and Discount Salt Pool. We’re a brick-and-mortar business with a staff of seven located in our own commercial building in Waller, Texas. Ken and I are hands-on operators and the wholesale/retail trade of salt chlorine generators is 99% of what we do.
Our product line includes SWCG’s from Hayward, Pentair, Jandy, SGS, Solax, CompuPool and CircuPool. The CircuPool brand is made by CompuPool, in Australia since 1979. We have no relationships with Asian factories. Lastly, we strongly support the CircuPool products with parts and service and we are backed up by the CompuPool warranty folks in Apopka, Florida. As we know, the after-sale support of SWCG’s in any brand is very important and after selling many, many thousands of CircuPool units, our A+ rating with the BBB is not an accident. We have a terrific staff that goes above and beyond for our customers seven days a week. Please call or visit us anytime.
Thanks for the opportunity to respond.
Donald Uhle, President
Pace Research Ltd, DBA Discount Salt Pool"

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php/14757-Looking-for-Circupool-Review/page2

1657816216082.png

Last edited:
From Nov 7 2012.
"Hi.
My name is Donald Uhle and along with my brother Ken, own the company that is the exclusive distributor in North America for CircuPool products. I’m happy to provide details about our company and I encourage any interested parties to check us out: You will find that we are good people doing an honest business.
We started our business in 1997 with the Texas Corporation Pace Aero Corp and in 2004, it was furthered as Pace Research Ltd. Our legal DBA’s have been PoolBids.com and Discount Salt Pool. We’re a brick-and-mortar business with a staff of seven located in our own commercial building in Waller, Texas. Ken and I are hands-on operators and the wholesale/retail trade of salt chlorine generators is 99% of what we do.
Our product line includes SWCG’s from Hayward, Pentair, Jandy, SGS, Solax, CompuPool and CircuPool. The CircuPool brand is made by CompuPool, in Australia since 1979. We have no relationships with Asian factories. Lastly, we strongly support the CircuPool products with parts and service and we are backed up by the CompuPool warranty folks in Apopka, Florida. As we know, the after-sale support of SWCG’s in any brand is very important and after selling many, many thousands of CircuPool units, our A+ rating with the BBB is not an accident. We have a terrific staff that goes above and beyond for our customers seven days a week. Please call or visit us anytime.
Thanks for the opportunity to respond.
Donald Uhle, President
Pace Research Ltd, DBA Discount Salt Pool"

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php/14757-Looking-for-Circupool-Review/page2
I think they broke ties with compupool several years back- there’s a thread here about it.

Our company, Discount Salt Pool, is the exclusive distributor for CircuPool in the USA. The units are made by Compu Pool in Australia, in business since 1979.

I think they broke ties with compupool several years back- there’s a thread here about it.
It seems that they filed for the trademark on may 8 2009.

Maybe they own the rights to the name now if Compupool went out of business or sold them the brand name?

In any case, it seems obvious that the units are now being made in China and Pace is the owner of the brand.

1657771126615.png

Reactions: HermanTX
There’s a post stating that they are no longer associated & had different manufacturing as of the end of 2012 - like right after the statement u posted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.