SWG + Hard water fustrations

plumgang said:
I have the same frustrations as you are describing. Temps at 100+ here for weeks now and water temp at 94 degrees.
SWG can't keep up with demand, so every morning (or evening), I take a FC reading and add enough clorox to get my
FC to 5 or 6. If the kids remember to run the SWG, it goes for 9 hours a day and FC remains fairly constant.

My TA is way too high mostly due to the fact I am replacing evaporated water with tap water every other day it seems.
I still haven't figured out how to build crook's fountain, so can't aerate enough to get the TA down. With TA so high,
I have to add some times 6 cups of muriatic acid to get my pH down to 7.2, and I do it every time the pH rises to 7.8.
Has my TA budged? Just barely...went from 150 to 130 and right back up when I replaced evaporated water.

I'm hoping once I can figure out how to get the fountain hooked into the thru wall, I can get the pool water temp
down and the TA down so I don't have to keep worrying so much about the pH.

I think you need to concentrate on keeping your FC level up, try to get some additional aeration going, keep
an eye on the pH, and hopefully, your numbers will fall in line. I'm still waiting for my numbers to fall in line,
but we swim as long as the pH is acceptable and the FC is good. I don't worry too much right now about the
TA because there doesn't seem to be much I can do with it until I can figure out how to increase aeration. I
have read a couple of posts where, once they get their fountains going, the TA falls dramatically and the water
temp improves. Good Luck!

I guess....it is good to hear others are in the same boat.. not just to be in it, but to give ideas...

I was looking at fountains, etc online last night.. There's some nice stuff out there.. just have to shop around.

Did you purchase a fountain or are you building it yourself?? What did you use, if it is homemade?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.