SWG died and I'm on vacation for a week starting tomorrow. How much FC should I have before I leave?

mirko

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2020
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
My SWG just died. No time to deal with that now. What should I get my FC levels up to so that my pool is not green when I get back in a week? Is there anything else that I should adjust?

Current Levels
FC 4.5
PH 7.6
TA 70
CH 60
CYA 70
SALT 3350
TEMP 71.4

Thank you!

Take your FC to slam level. Can you disable the Ozone thing? If not, you might be best to turn off the pump too (ozone consumes chlorine). No one nearby that could come and add a gallon of 10% every few days?

Reactions: mirko
Take your FC to slam level. Can you disable the Ozone thing? If not, you might be best to turn off the pump too (ozone consumes chlorine). No one nearby that could come and add a gallon of 10% every few days?
Thanks for the info.
I'll go with the SLAM level and put the cover on as was also suggested by @mguzzy. Then if it's green when I get back I'll just deal with that. Off to buy some 10% for the first time since I installed the pool last year. I've been following the TFP methods since I installed the pool and it's been perfect the whole time. Love this site.

Reactions: mguzzy and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.