SWG conversion help and ideas

Sep 1, 2017
Billings MT
Hello All,
I am a newish (bought house just over 1 year ago) pool owner. I struggled through last season working with the previous owners pool company with many issues and multiple green pool events. I am just starting the opening process again now and want to get started on a better foot if possible. After extensive reading here I am leaning toward the addition of a SWG. Along those lines I have the following questions:

1. Would you recommend this conversion?
2. Which SWG would you recommend?
a. Would this require any other new equipment (replacement pump, timer etc)?
b. Professional installation?
3. Would the addition of any automation equipment significantly help in the day to day time commitment (the idea is fun at least even if the cost isn't)?
4. Think I should just wait it out and learn proper maintenance without SWG?
5. Other thoughts, things I have overlooked or forgotten?

Thanks in advance for all of your assistance, I am new to this but am hopefully that it doesn't need to be as difficult as last season.

Thanks,
Jason

Welcome to the forum!
A SWCG will simplify the addition of chlorine to your pool. It does not mean you no longer need to test. First step is to get a proper test kit. That should include a salinity test kit if you are installing a SWCG.

A SWCG can be added to any pool. You need room in your plumbing after all other equipment as you want it to be the last thing prior to the water returning to the pool. You need a SWCG that is sized for at least 2X your pool volume.
If you think this is for you, let us know and we can guide you towards SWCG's that are good for DIY, no automation installs.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already purchased and begun using a fresh TF-100 (my chemistry background necessitated a good kit) and have read the ABC’s in addition to many many other posts. I do have a good amount of pipe (approx 5 feet) after my heater (last thing before return).

I have been looking at the RJ-30 system as a good option.

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.