SWG Cell Amperage

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
Have a AquaRite with T-15 cell. Sometimes (not always) when I run diagnostics, the cell amperage figure does not remain on one number, but rapidly fluctuates. The numbers remain within the 3.1-8.0 range, but instantly change from about 5.3 or so to 5.8 or so. What does this condition indicate? On another related note: with what frequency should I recalibrate the salt level? I usually check it once a week. The initial reading usually stays within 2400 & 3400 ppm range. Should I just leave it until a LED light flashes, or recalibrate at regular intervals? Thanks very much.

This is common when the cell begins generating. After about 1 minute, the amps should be fairly steady. However, they will fluctuate up and down by a few tenths of an amp.

You can't "recalibrate" the salt reading. You can only reset the running average to the current instant reading. In any case, there's no reason to do that on a regular basis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.