Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Running a Hayward t-940swg with an OmniLogic PL. It’s a new pool that’s has been running since April.
Got and alarm from the Omni this morning to “ Clean T-cell”
Is that a periodic alarm to remind you to maintain or a problem in the cell.
I seen that Hayward recommends periodic cleaning every 3 months I believe .
Also read they recommend Muratic acid to clean. Is this what everyone uses?

Do NOT clean the cell with acid unless there is scale that cannot be removed with a strong stream of water and you can even use something like Popsicle sticks to remove the scale. Do not use anything metal.

Acid will remove some of the rare earth metal on the plates and reduces the life of the cell.

I believe your alarm is just a reminder. Just clear it.

Do NOT clean the cell with acid unless there is scale that cannot be removed with a strong stream of water and you can even use something like Popsicle sticks to remove the scale. Do not use anything metal.

Acid will remove some of the rare earth metal on the plates and reduces the life of the cell.

I believe your alarm is just a reminder. Just clear it.
I have seen some use household vinegar.
Is this also not advised for routine cleaning?

I have seen some use household vinegar.
Is this also not advised for routine cleaning?
No need to clean it unless there is scale in it that cannot be removed with water.
Vinegar is acid.

If your SWCG has scale in it, your pool water chemistry needs to be managed differently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.