New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello. I am looing to add a SWCG next spring when I open the pool. I don't have automation and don't want it (actually don't want to spend the money...I'd love it). From what I understand without the automation I can only increase in 10% or 20% increments (don't remember which one). Is it worth it to get the SWCG still? I don't mind if I need to run my pump a little longer to meet the need if I had to use a lower setting. I run 8 hours a day as it is so I'm assuming I'd be ok with that run time and just need to find the % that keeps the pool in line. I have all Jandy equipment but without automation is there any reason to stick with Jandy? I was leaning towards another based on things I've read here. Thanks a lot. Counting down the days until spring arrives :)

We have several people here that have SWCG's without automation and they don't seem to have any issues.

I know the original Pentair IC40 style SWCG's can only be adjusted in 20% increments. I'm not at all certain this is true of other manufactures.

Without automation, you are free to pick the SWCG you want or can afford.

Jim R.

Mine has been great for 5 summers with only 20% adjustments. Mine is wired to a mechanical time clock so I can adjust the run time and/or the percentage.

I think I saw something about Pentair updating their SWG to have finer output control.

Hayward AquaRite w/ t-40 Cell is the one most recommended here on the forum. I've had one for over 10 years now and love it. They are adjustable in one percent increments. Simple and very reliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.