SWCG install

edibower

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix,AZ
So with all the advice I got on here last fall (Nov. of '22), thank you again, I am shopping around for a pool company to install a Hayward Aquarite 40k SWCG since chlorine prices are going nowhere but up. My question is does anyone on here know of a good pool company in the Phoenix area to install one. I only ask because the pool company I have used in the past just raised their quote to $3600 to install one. Thought I would do a little comparison shopping, but want to have a reputable company install it. As always thanks for any input.

Do you have automation?

You can purchase the SWCG and power center if you need it and have most any handyman with basic knowledge of PVC and electrical install it. Post pictures here and the members can advise on where to install it, etc.

There is no automation.......I have attached the entire equipment set up........my luck with handymen hasnt been good, so rather do a pool company of some type

Attachments

• 20230304_154140.jpg
    20230304_154140.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 16
Your return plumbing is very congested. You need to know what happens with the in floor cleaner. Do all your returns go there all the time?

If you wish to hire a pool company, they will install a SWCG that they market. Plan on install to be 2X the price of purchasing the unit yourself.

For some reason
Your return plumbing is very congested. You need to know what happens with the in floor cleaner. Do all your returns go there all the time?

If you wish to hire a pool company, they will install a SWCG that they market. Plan on install to be 2X the price of purchasing the unit yourself.
Yes they do....in both the pool and the spa.....they rotate......if its 2X, well I guess thats what it will cost.........most of the people on here are much handier than I am, so thats why I prefer going that route.....

So no wall returns. If your pump is running, the water is always returning to the pool through the floor returns, excluding when in Spa mode.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK --
Get a 40K rated SWCG. Do not let them talk you into something smaller.
You need it wired so that it is powered off when the pump is not running. Either a timer or Smart Plug. Do not rely on the flow switch (they will tell that is fine). There is a risk of explosion if the SWCG is powered on without flow through it from the pump.
Be ware of the SWCG generating when in Spa Mode. As you do not have automation, it can over chlorinate if running when in Spa Mode.

OK --
Get a 40K rated SWCG. Do not let them talk you into something smaller.
You need it wired so that it is powered off when the pump is not running. Either a timer or Smart Plug. Do not rely on the flow switch (they will tell that is fine). There is a risk of explosion if the SWCG is powered on without flow through it from the pump.
Be ware of the SWCG generating when in Spa Mode. As you do not have automation, it can over chlorinate if running when in Spa Mode.
Got it.......a side note the pool is never in spa mode, we never use it.......thanks mknauss for all your info and help.........will give them all your specs that you advised....and again, really appreciate all the info

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.