SWCG Failing?

May 21, 2018
Fredericksburg, Va
Been working to get everything up and running smooth this season despite the usual setbacks. Can't seem to keep any chlorine in the pool. Water looks pretty clear (but not as clear as any of us would like to see) but not sure what the issue is. SWCG doesn't seem to be producing any chlorine. Cell was replaced in July 2019 under warranty but that has expired now that the pool is almost 4 years old. Been adding liquid to keep things sanitary but let it go a couple days to get normal readings.
This mornings test results:
FC- .5
CC- 0
PH- 7.5
TA- 120
CH- 270
CYA- 30
SALT- 3000-3200
Temp- 84

Need to add more CYA but the last bag I bought took FOREVER to dissolve, so I need to find a better product. I have an auto cover so it stays covered when not in use.
Been running my pump 8 hours a day with the SWCG set to 100%. No faults on the control panel and cell doesn't look like it needs to be cleaned.
Trying to run the gambit of diagnostics before shelling out for a new cell.
Thanks in advance for your help
Tom

O,

Could be your cell is bad or it could be that your pool is eating all the chlorine the cell can produce..

The very first thing to do is an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test or OCLT. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Add liquid chlorine up above 5 ppm just before dark... Wait 30 minutes and measure and record the FC.. Then get your rear out of bed just before sun rise and test it again..

Thanks,

Jim R.

OK. Last night I brushed and added 4 gal chlorine to the pool (need to go out and buy more today)
FC- 4.4
CC- 2.2

This morning
FC- .2
CC- .2

Fun, fun ,fun. Looks like time to SLAM. I SLAM'd when I opened but I must not have held it long enough. Something is obviously growing in there. Should I raise my CYA 1st as I am somewhere around 30.
Thanks
Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.