SWCG- Cable routing and sensor mount

mzuri

Bronze Supporter
Mar 24, 2017
GA
Hi

Which saddle tee do I use to mount a temperature sensor ( 3/8" drill size hole ) on 1 1/2" PVC. Any tips or build pictures?

Which 1/2" NPT strain relief do I use that is narrow enough for the RS485 cable to waterproof it? Can I piggyback it with the 220V cable in the liquid-tight conduit as the cable is shielded anyway?

Thanks

Not sure about the strain relief size, but they're usually good over a range of cable diameters. Definitely do not run RS485 with line voltage, though. It's a differential protocol and pretty RF tolerant, but you're just asking for trouble.

Not sure about the strain relief size, but they're usually good over a range of cable diameters. Definitely do not run RS485 with line voltage, though. It's a differential protocol and pretty RF tolerant, but you're just asking for trouble.
Thanks - just that the entry hole normally is pretty large. Guess I will just use regular liquid tight conduit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.