Swamp to pool conversion

Forgot that part, still clear. Could sparkle a bit more, but 100% visibilty. Drain is much different than I imagined, more like a raised hot tub drain (on larger scale of course). I envisioned it would be more like a storm sewer grate and level with the floor. Still learning ;)

When I get a good OCLT, then I will try and get all the other numbers in balance. Then I will check the weather, probably too close to closing time to add the SWcG, and maybe I will just rest until next year anyway. :cheers:

Alomst forgot again, pic from last night. I have to get a better camera...
[attachment=0:1xz973g4]shallow floor 4a.jpg[/attachment:1xz973g4]

Ugh,I need a nap. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Attachments

• shallow floor 4a.jpg
    shallow floor 4a.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 156
Thnaks, it was an expensive lesson, but on those days I dont quite feel like going over and testing, I can look back on the last month plus and motive myself.

Pulled out the solar cover, and I am guessing the bubble side goes DOWN against the water. I laid it upside down (bubbles up), but it looks like there are cut outs for where the ladder used to be that indicate it is laying upside down.

Checked the weather forecasts, we are already having sub-60 nights, but the days are 80+. Not until 9/24/2011, will the average daily temp be around 60 (hi and low averaged). Might be worth hooking up the SWG for those few weeks, and the added salt should help during freezing weather, maybe???

Liner is stained and bleached in a few places it seems, looks fairly worn, but is holding up good. Still black dirt in the pool, but have been vacing to waste and hand vacing, put a sock over the main return and it is slowly become less and less a problem.

Lastest test results.

FC 5.5
CC 0.5
TC 6.0
pH 7.2
TA 50-60
CH 140

Thanks for confirming poboy. Even upside down water temp was up a few degrees, and chlorine usage is way DOWN. Not sure if it is the lower levels or the cover offers some sun protection as well.

I hated my SWAMP, but I LOVE my POOL!!!

:cheers: :party: :cheers:

Oops, I left that part out. On the second OCLT, I was unable to do the higher accuracy test because I left the instructions at my other house. I could not remember how much dpd powder to use. Appartently it is the same for 25 ml as 10 ml, which seems odd and probably why I could not remember it. Anyway, I did the test with 10 ml but I could not make the sunrise wake up call two days in a row, so I arrived 90 minutes AFTER sunrise and tested a 1 ppm loss (again at 10ml) and still less than .5 CC, water still clear, so I called it a pass and on to the solar cover. I am currently gleaning the forums for posts about lights. I still need the pool power pole fixed, but I anticipate the light will need to be replaced/repaired when I finally get around to testing it.

Some final pics. Used a better camera, but had to scale the resolution to post here. Still getting dirt and bugs out of the pool deep end. FC is holding great, CC staying low. Water starting to really sparkle! :whoot:
[attachment=2:1p2zd7ju]bluepool.JPG[/attachment:1p2zd7ju]

[attachment=1:1p2zd7ju]midpool.JPG[/attachment:1p2zd7ju]

[attachment=0:1p2zd7ju]deeppool.JPG[/attachment:1p2zd7ju]

Attachments

• bluepool.JPG
    bluepool.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 67
  • midpool.JPG
    midpool.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
  • deeppool.JPG
    deeppool.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 67

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It does look so amazing! Especially compared to what it was when you first posted. You totally kicked that pool's azz didn't you? :~}

I am a little concerned about the haziness in the deep end though. It looks like the shallow end is clear, but the deep end is not. It would not qualify as "clear" in the shocking process criteria but the shallow end would/does. I'm wondering if the flow in the deep end is compromised somehow. Can you move/point your returns differently to increase the flow there? Point them down perhaps? You've obviously got the stuff killed, it likely just needs to be filtered out of the deep end more effectively.

Thanks for that. It is a bit concerning and I have been keeping an eye on it, but it seems to be getting a little better and not worse, which leads me to pretty much the same conclusion. There IS dirt down there, I still vac it up every day. Also bugs, which not sure if they are fresh, but I am thinking they are not fresh. Also there are two good sized rust spots in the deep part which combined with the dirt is giving the less than perfect apperance. The rust stains I will live with, but removing the dirt is something I would like to do, and should help the overall look of things. My return eyes seem fixed (non-movable) but perhaps If I loosen the screws or completely remove them, I can install them to point in a more useful direction. Have been keeping the pool covered, which I am sure restricts the flow too. Got a good amount of DE now, so I will try that in the filter as well, here when I can leave the pump on for a good spell. A cup or two right? It is a 200-220 lb sand filter, but the pressure gauge does not seem to be accurate anymore to use the DE pressure test.

The pool feels great, although the heater would have came in handy about now. My tenant/diver says the water burns his eyes, so I am trying to balance that out. My start a new thread on that, but I do not notice that at all, feels great to me.

frogabog said:
It does look so amazing! Especially compared to what it was when you first posted. You totally kicked that pool's azz didn't you? :~}

I am a little concerned about the haziness in the deep end though. It looks like the shallow end is clear, but the deep end is not. It would not qualify as "clear" in the shocking process criteria but the shallow end would/does. I'm wondering if the flow in the deep end is compromised somehow. Can you move/point your returns differently to increase the flow there? Point them down perhaps? You've obviously got the stuff killed, it likely just needs to be filtered out of the deep end more effectively.

About 8.5 feet deep. It definitely does not look as clear or sparkly as the shallow part. The dirt settles lower and I have not been as diligent with brushing as I could have been. Vacuuming removes it permanently, while brushing just sends it throught the plumbing were most all just deposits back into the pool. I think the dirt and stains is what keeps it from looking great. I am keeping a close eye, in the case it starts to get worse, but all signs tell me (with my limited knowledge) that it will get a little better as I keep at it, but will never get too good, due to the liner wear (stains and bleaching). While I appreciate a nice looking pool, as long as the water is clean and safe, I am more than happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.