Swamp to Oasis Photo Journal

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
This is my most recent swamp to oasis photo journal. Pool had 12ppm+ Ammonia, 40,000 gallon pool and we used 60 gallons of liquid, 2 gallons of muratic acid and 16lbs of Stabilizer.

2 submersible pumps were used during the shock process.

BEFORE:

Oxidation begins - about 1 hour into SLAM

Day 2

Day 3 - turned on Filter, removed submersible pumps. Began vacuum to waste on day 4, then used the owners Dolphin robot to finish up.

AFTER

I wonder how much time and money would have been spent at a pool store to try and clear that hot mess!

Probably a lot! Unfortunately the pool owner had already been pool stored twice by 2 different pool companies. :( One told them their perfectly good sand filter HAD to be replaced (and put in a cartridge system - not what I would have recommended). The other told them they needed a super expensive VS pump, and a new liner. Then they included a new winter cover in the liner package. Well, the winter cover did not fit. Like, the entire stair area was uncovered.... they said they would fix it, and did not charge for the closing or opening. Um, Duh! I would hope not! LOL

FPM,

What very nice work. It really points out when somebody understands the SLAM process, a pool can be cleared very quickly. (it also points out when folks say they SLAM for months, they do NOT understand the process)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.