Swamp green pool....help!!!!

ok, sorry just read the reccomendations for posting...my test results are bad simply because I have let it go for a couple of days out of frustration and lack of money...my pH is over 8.2 and chlorine is maybe a 1....I have had it perfect though during the process and that was tested by pool store...I have a 24 round AG pool...we even changed our sand in our filter a week ago but still no results on clearing it.

Have you read Pool School?

Start with:
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

then

Defeating Algae

and

Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Don't forget:

Shocking Your Pool

Finally you'll need a good test kit so you don't have to go to the pool store anymore (if you don't want to):
Test Kit Comparison

I know its a lot of information to take in all at once, but we are here to help. So read the links I gave you, a couple of times, and then give us some test results, and we'll help walk you thru.

Post your pool specs/equipment info into your signature: Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

We can help you thru this! :)

I would backwash at least every other day as long as the pool is very murky with algae. When the water starts clearing up you want to clean the filter less often, since a slightly dirty filter is better at catching very fine debris.

If I have been using bleach and keeping it at shock level and my CYA still seems to be low, can I put a Trichlor puck in my skimmer to help keep the FC up and help raise the CYA and lower the pH. Readings just now using strip test (because that is all I have right now) were as follows:

FC: 10-12
pH: 7.6-7.8
TA: 180
Cya: 20 (or less)

We did determine we had used too much sand in our filter and have removed some. Hoping that this increases the filter effectiveness.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Also, how do you start a new forum??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
laweatherred said:
I suspect that you mean to say topic, rather than forum. The current topic is "Swamp green pool....help!!!!". To start a new topic, you pick a category on the main index http://www.troublefreepool.com/index.html, for example this topic is in Swimming Pool Start-up and Closing. Click on the section name, which will take you to a list of topics currently in that section. Near the top left corner, but below the headings will be a "+ New Topic" button. Press that, enter your questions and press Submit.

JasonLion said:
laweatherred said:
I suspect that you mean to say topic, rather than forum. The current topic is "Swamp green pool....help!!!!". To start a new topic, you pick a category on the main index http://www.troublefreepool.com/index.html, for example this topic is in Swimming Pool Start-up and Closing. Click on the section name, which will take you to a list of topics currently in that section. Near the top left corner, but below the headings will be a "+ New Topic" button. Press that, enter your questions and press Submit.

Thank you!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.