Survey of Fiberglass Pool Lead Times for '21 installations

mjbrams

Jul 8, 2021
Liberty, NY
I am new to the forum, and joined as I anxiously await an install date for a fiberglass pool. I understand that there are numerous factors that are resulting in unprecedented delays in the delivery of Fiberglass pools, that is affecting both pool builders and customers. It is very hard to pin down realistic delivery dates for existing contracts, and I have seen some posts about the frustration this causes to both builders and customers. Therefore, I thought it might be interesting to survey the community about recent Fiberglass pool deliveries/installs as well as those who are still waiting. It would be interesting to know peoples order/contract date, initial delivery date, current delivery date, actual delivery date (if it has been delivered), pool manufacturer, model, pool installer, and location

My details are
Ordered: 2/15/21
Initial Delivery Date: 7/31/21
Current Delivery Date: Unknown
Actual Delivery Date: Unknown
Manufacturer: Leisure Pools USA
Model: Ultimate 40
Installer: Albert Group Pools & Patios

Thanks,
Michael

Gosh, I dunno what the answer is. It is in the news everywhere that a lot of unemployed folks are resisting the need to go back to work, especially the ones still getting that extra $300/week in unemployment. The "Help Wanted" signs are all over the place.

I suspect until a manufacturer gets up and running with staff they may be "on hold" or working very slowly with whatever crew they have.

When I ordered my pool I got a call back saying the color we chose wasn't going to be run for another few weeks, and did I perhaps want to go with the color currently running in production?? We said sure, we'll take that. Haven't regretted in a minute. So that aspect of production may be slow also for you.

Maddie ✌️

Gosh, I dunno what the answer is. It is in the news everywhere that a lot of unemployed folks are resisting the need to go back to work, especially the ones still getting that extra $300/week in unemployment. The "Help Wanted" signs are all over the place.

I suspect until a manufacturer gets up and running with staff they may be "on hold" or working very slowly with whatever crew they have.

When I ordered my pool I got a call back saying the color we chose wasn't going to be run for another few weeks, and did I perhaps want to go with the color currently running in production?? We said sure, we'll take that. Haven't regretted in a minute. So that aspect of production may be slow also for you.

Maddie ✌️
Do you mind me asking what that color was going to be?

I am new to the forum, and joined as I anxiously await an install date for a fiberglass pool. I understand that there are numerous factors that are resulting in unprecedented delays in the delivery of Fiberglass pools, that is affecting both pool builders and customers. It is very hard to pin down realistic delivery dates for existing contracts, and I have seen some posts about the frustration this causes to both builders and customers. Therefore, I thought it might be interesting to survey the community about recent Fiberglass pool deliveries/installs as well as those who are still waiting. It would be interesting to know peoples order/contract date, initial delivery date, current delivery date, actual delivery date (if it has been delivered), pool manufacturer, model, pool installer, and location

My details are
Ordered: 2/15/21
Initial Delivery Date: 7/31/21
Current Delivery Date: Unknown
Actual Delivery Date: Unknown
Manufacturer: Leisure Pools USA
Model: Ultimate 40
Installer: Albert Group Pools & Patios

Thanks,
Michael
I've watched many videos of Albert Pools installs and that is what inspired us to get the Ultimate 40. We are 7 weeks in our build. Pool in half way filled, half way backfilled and plumbing done just short of pad waiting on plumbing inspection #2 to then move forward to hook up to fad, fill pool the rest of the way and complete back fill and then do electric and gas hookups and then concrete collar and hardscape decking. Have you received updated delivery info. I think the delays are shipping up to the NJ holding area.

We signed in August of 20, expected to start in Nov but then pushed back to new year so we were then scheduled for May start date that the Texas freeze pushed back to late June which then became pool delivered on July 8th. Leisure Pool Ultimate 40 so same exact pool. Hope that helps.

We have the Ultimate 40 from Leisure Pools as well. I signed the contract March 5, 2021 to order and installation started July 16th exactly as promised. We are almost done, awaiting a retaining wall, then concrete for the deck to be complete. We subcontracted out parts of the job or we would've been done already We are using it with gravel all around it anyway and love it. We chose the Granite Grey color and it looks so good. At some point I'll get organized and post about it at length. I'm in KY.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfepack88
We have the Ultimate 40 from Leisure Pools as well. I signed the contract March 5, 2021 to order and installation started July 16th exactly as promised. We are almost done, awaiting a retaining wall, then concrete for the deck to be complete. We subcontracted out parts of the job or we would've been done already We are using it with gravel all around it anyway and love it. We chose the Granite Grey color and it looks so good. At some point I'll get organized and post about it at length. I'm in KY.
We have the graphite gray. Post a pic if you can would love to see how it looks, even now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you work with Luis at Leisure Pools? We ordered Jul 2021, got permits by January 2022. They said March, then April, now July. I'm getting nervous!! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did you work with Luis at Leisure Pools? We ordered Jul 2021, got permits by January 2022. They said March, then April, now July. I'm getting nervous!! Thanks for sharing your experience!
We went through our local installer so never had direct contact with Leisure. Wow a year from order to install is a long delay! I guess the covid effect is really pushing the dates back even more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.