Surface skimmer not compatible with pool. Need hack

Thezeekempire

May 11, 2020
Harker Heights, TX
We have a summer waves 15x36 foot quick set pool. This year we upgraded to a sand filter.

The skimmer is a joke in this pool. It's on piece and has a grate on it, so you can't unscrew the grate.

We bought a surface skimmer to help with all the stuff on top. But realized when we went to install it doesn't fit. We can't pop the blue piece from the surface skimmer on over the skimmer grate.

Is there a hack to get this to work?

Added photo of skimmer grate

Attachments

• 20200502_170516.jpg
    20200502_170516.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 54
We have a summer waves 15x36 foot quick set pool. This year we upgraded to a sand filter.

The skimmer is a joke in this pool. It's on piece and has a grate on it, so you can't unscrew the grate.

We bought a surface skimmer to help with all the stuff on top. But realized when we went to install it doesn't fit. We can't pop the blue piece from the surface skimmer on over the skimmer grate.

I am also having this issue. Going to home Depot to try to find some fittings that will work. I will let you know if I do

Since you can't unscrew the grate that came with the pool, you'll probably need to order a replacement strainer that can be unscrewed. I ordered one off Ebay a couple years ago to be able to use my surface skimmer. My intex pool had the 1.25 hoses and openings, so I ended up having to cut a larger hole too, so I could use the 1.5 hoses .

A82E50F8-ECDE-482F-AB41-4894D09DB5BB.jpeg I
I think I have a solution. I cut a hole in the water cover to the outlet and cut off the nipple that came with a slimmer I bought at Walmart. I siliconed them together and made an adapter. So far so good! Good luck!

Attachments

• F379DD07-B612-4068-99EB-B358F4642C5D.jpeg
    F379DD07-B612-4068-99EB-B358F4642C5D.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.