Surface advice.

Should be able to use your board to smooth out the sand and fill any low spots i would think. Pin it in the middle somehow and work it around your circle like hands on a clock maybe. As for the sand washing out, you might dig a channel or use some type of border or edging to hold your sand it.
i was under the impression i needed to compress it as much as possible prior to levelling it. the sand currently shouldnt wash away, even the lowest point probably has a 2inch lip just dont know if i should be worried that it may or may not fill with water in the winter ( i am leaving the pool up ) and cause any issues i may not know about.

i was under the impression i needed to compress it as much as possible prior to levelling it. the sand currently shouldnt wash away, even the lowest point probably has a 2inch lip just dont know if i should be worried that it may or may not fill with water in the winter ( i am leaving the pool up ) and cause any issues i may not know about.
I think most level it out, wet it, then roll it. Then go back and fill low spots, wet and roll again. Tamping probably has the same effect. Sounds like your lip will prevent any major wash out. You could always incorporate some ending into landscaping in the future. You seem to have pretty good instinct, keep up the good work. Others may have more advice.

Reactions: lhu
I think most level it out, wet it, then roll it. Then go back and fill low spots, wet and roll again. Tamping probably has the same effect. Sounds like your lip will prevent any major wash out. You could always incorporate some ending into landscaping in the future. You seem to have pretty good instinct, keep up the good work. Others may have more advice.
i have no way of rolling, i guess its time to make a board with handles that my wife and i can jump on or something mcguyvery like that haha.

thank you for the replies.

I've read about people using cardboard taped to their feet while they move around and tamp, that works too.
I feel I’m about to go in ever decreasing circles leveling and flattening on infinite repeat. hahaha. Thanks i really hope to get the pool up saturday at the latest. I shall keep you informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: sammckin
So sanded and leveled I thought. I got up this morning to see that one section. Maybe 3 posts is very slightly lower that the rest of the pool which is all perfectly level. These 3 sections are maybe 1/2 a square lower. Should I be worried or is that acceptable.
thank you.

Attachments

• 16B99CA3-F870-41DF-AFB6-F09577259193.jpeg
    16B99CA3-F870-41DF-AFB6-F09577259193.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 13
So sanded and leveled I thought. I got up this morning to see that one section. Maybe 3 posts is very slightly lower that the rest of the pool which is all perfectly level. These 3 sections are maybe 1/2 a square lower. Should I be worried or is that acceptable.
thank you.
Is 1/2 a square the same as half an inch? My OCD would force me to level those legs but half an inch is acceptable i believe.

Is 1/2 a square the same as half an inch? My OCD would force me to level those legs but half an inch is acceptable i believe.
I think its closer to 1 inch, I can still lift the pool that side so i stuck some ply under 4 legs and under the tarp, now its about the thickness of one of the white stripes haha, i do not know how much settling will occur as the pool is still only maybe half full, my little boy is itching to get in and play. which will probably happen later as it fill, i need to read up on the salt chlorinator and make a rack for solar panels and maybe 6 or 7 other things sigh.

I think its closer to 1 inch, I can still lift the pool that side so i stuck some ply under 4 legs and under the tarp, now its about the thickness of one of the white stripes haha, i do not know how much settling will occur as the pool is still only maybe half full, my little boy is itching to get in and play. which will probably happen later as it fill, i need to read up on the salt chlorinator and make a rack for solar panels and maybe 6 or 7 other things sigh.
There ya go, get that pool filled! Add on projects are fun, it never ends if you're like me. I enjoy the hobby.

There ya go, get that pool filled! Add on projects are fun, it never ends if you're like me. I enjoy the hobby.
I do enjoy projects, but i also work for myself from home, so many things i enjoy i have to try not to get involved in, because play time = not working time = no money haha.
spending time with the little guy and wife in the pool is a good aim though. thank you again :)

Reactions: sammckin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the water level varies very slightly in a couple of places, maybe the thickness of one of the white lines of the pool, so success huzzah. I just managed to get my solar powered pump connected to the intex hoses without chop shopping them. sadly UPS it appears decided to throw the solar panels around , shattering one. As today was the 1st day of getting the pump up and running i decided to test on 3 panels, and as i didnt want to wait, i rednecked a wooden frame ( which will be rebuilt properly as time goes on. ) Intex salt water converter thingy is running, so i guess now i wait. ( trying to keep the little boy out of it ) and then its back to landscaping and deck planning. Thank you for the words of encouragement, hopefully the worst stress is over now.

Attachments

• 98920514_1702747459873851_7534047574114697216_n.jpg
    98920514_1702747459873851_7534047574114697216_n.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 99158850_294272141566700_5117030410185867264_n.jpg
    99158850_294272141566700_5117030410185867264_n.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 11
So the water level varies very slightly in a couple of places, maybe the thickness of one of the white lines of the pool, so success huzzah. I just managed to get my solar powered pump connected to the intex hoses without chop shopping them. sadly UPS it appears decided to throw the solar panels around , shattering one. As today was the 1st day of getting the pump up and running i decided to test on 3 panels, and as i didnt want to wait, i rednecked a wooden frame ( which will be rebuilt properly as time goes on. ) Intex salt water converter thingy is running, so i guess now i wait. ( trying to keep the little boy out of it ) and then its back to landscaping and deck planning. Thank you for the words of encouragement, hopefully the worst stress is over now.
Good job man! You will have a nice pool to cool off in as you complete your other projects. Glad things worked out well!

Reactions: lhu
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.