Simi Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Saline Generating Systems Breeze 540
So I’m curious, would there be any advantage to putting my Superflo Motor/Drive in my Whisperflo Pump? Only reason I was considering it was so that I should t have to re-plumb it.

Attachments

• F6490290-7B69-422D-B626-0B15D3E746E8.jpeg
    F6490290-7B69-422D-B626-0B15D3E746E8.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 02D8BCFD-811D-4347-B390-B4C9AA342612.jpeg
    02D8BCFD-811D-4347-B390-B4C9AA342612.jpeg
    752.9 KB · Views: 25
I believe Pentair uses the same wet end for the Superflo, IntelliFlo and Whisperflo. Perhaps @mas985 has some advice on how to do the swap properly.

I also think the wet ends are the same. Have you tried matching them up next to each other? You can easily get the right height with 2x 2” street 45s. Did you cut the pipe flush at the jandy check valve? If so you’ll need to chip or go over with 2.5” and reduce or do a pipe extender.

So I’m curious, would there be any advantage to putting my Superflo Motor/Drive in my Whisperflo Pump? Only reason I was considering it was so that I should t have to re-plumb it.
Not unless there is something wrong with the SuperFlo wet end.

The Intelliflo and the Whisperflo are the same wet ends. However, the SuperFlo is a different wet end but the motor can still be used on the Whisperflo wet end as long as the THP rating is not exceeded. What is the model # for each or the label HP and service factor?

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Not unless there is something wrong with the SuperFlo wet end.

The Intelliflo and the Whisperflo are the same wet ends. However, the SuperFlo is a different wet end but the motor can still be used on the Whisperflo wet end as long as the THP rating is not exceeded. What is the model # for each or the label HP and service factor?
The SuperFlo VS is the 342001, the old Whisperflo I can't read the label, but he motor is a 2 HP, 56Y Frame RPM 3450, Eff% 70 rated at 208-230 Volts. I suppose I could just cut the pipe and replumb, may be easier. I was just thinking perhaps the Whisperflo wet end was better then the Superflo Wet end and I could take advantage of the fact I had it.

The 2HP Whisperflo comes in two version, one is a 2.2 THP and the other is a 2.6 THP. The SuperFlo motor is a 2.2 THP motor. So it depends on which Whisperflo wet end you have. What is the service factor for the WhisperFlo motor? The other way to tell for sure is to remove the motor and impeller assembly and look at the impeller part# printed on the side.

073129 should work with the Superflo motor

073130 will NOT work with the Superflo motor

The only advantage is that you would not have to cut any plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.