SUPER UNLEVEL POOL!!!!

Jones96

Jul 15, 2020
Salisbury, md
Someone anyone please help. In recent years I was living in an apartment that had a pool. Last year I moved out and into a home. I really missed the water so I decided to get a pool. I put the pool up and thought everything was level until I started to fill it and I noticed that it’s uneven by 10 inches!!!!!!! I’ve put brick under the legs and it’s still really unlevel........ someone anyone help me

Attachments

• C37E8557-F4EC-41F9-83B6-CA18A5412DD2.jpeg
    C37E8557-F4EC-41F9-83B6-CA18A5412DD2.jpeg
    783.6 KB · Views: 86
Hey Jones and Welcome !! Sorry it’s not going well. 1 inch is the accepted variance from level. You need to dig down the high side (never raise the low one, 6 bazillion lbs will sink it right back). In the above ground pool section of the forums there are many leveling threads from this year.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I put the pool up and thought everything was level until I started to fill it and I noticed that it’s uneven by 10 inches!!!!!!! I’ve put brick under the legs and it’s still really unlevel........ someone anyone help me
Don't do that! You will distroy the liner for sure!

As Newdude said, you need to dig it flat. You have learned the hard way that "looks flat" and "is flat" are two completely different things. My pool area appeared to be fairly level, I knew there was a slight slope, I thought maybe two inches. It was almost 6" off.

Without the proper fill and equipment you can't fill low sides, the best way is to dig down the high side to match the lowest point. Some here dig by hand, which is a lot of work, others hire it out to someone with equipment who understands not to build up the low side.

Various methods of checking level include long straight boards with a level taped on top, transits, laser levels, or a water level. I built a simple water level for checking my pool area to double check the readings my bobcat operator took using a transit.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.