Super long lighter for fire pit?

This is kind of random, but does anyone have a really long (longer than the normal “long” candle lighters) lighter for lighting their fire pit? My wife gets skittish having to basically put her hand down into the fire pit to light it with a standard candle lighter, so I thought something longer might be nice. Anyone have one they can vouch for (and, ideally, a source)?

I feel her pain! When you say standard candle lighter what do you mean? One of those "clickers" you can buy at Walmart? One of those long wood matches might work for her better. She can light and toss it into the pit. It will burn up so no worries then. They are sold by the fire wood most of the time.

Might be a little more than what you are looking for, but I use this to quickly fire up my Big Green Egg:

There’s also a smaller 20 inch version.

Haha, we have some of those long wooden matches. I was worried that they wouldn't actually end up burning completely if they fall to the bottom of the fire pit (below the burner) and then we'd end up gradually accumulating half-burned match garbage (or at least ash) in there. Which sounds like a pain to clean up. But I suppose I can try it and see.

We have the Camco Olympian that we use camping and it works great. It's long enough to get your hand away from the flame and it's also flexible so you can shape it to the task. I will warn you that it takes a little practice to manipulate the buttons to light it and have it remain lit, but a little practice will overcome it.

ec56a990-bcbf-4918-8e39-75b5b5cd82a0_1.d508dfe5c4437cd1e519829772499257.jpeg

Bernz-0-matic plumbing torch for me. Its lights stuff on fire good, and you don't even need to be that close to what ever you want ...

Oh and you can use it to solder copper plumbing together who knew.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.