Sundance spa FLO error

gdamato

Sep 21, 2021
Homer Glen, IL
Hello all,

I've been getting very frequent FLO errors on my 2002 Sundance Optima 850. I bought 2 new filters and I'm still getting the error from time to time. The only way to fix it is to remove the filter and use a plunger where the filter goes, plunge it a couple of times and then the temp shows back up on the LCD screen and I can put the filter back. Any clue what it could be?

Sold or flashing FLO error?

Most likely the FLO switch is faulty. Is your circulation pump running 24/7? Can you remove the side cover and see if the FLO switch is in the opened or closed position when the FLO error is there.

Reactions: RDspaguy
I read some other posts and inspected the flow switch and it looked a little gunked up. I unscrewed it (used a wine cork to temporarily plug the hole, lol) and scraped the gunk off of the switch. It's been working, I will keep an eye on it and if it happens again soon I'll assume the switch is going bad and I'll try to replace it. Thank you all for your help!!!

You sure you installed the switch back in the correct direction? Is the switch itself in the closed or opened position when the FLO or the FLO2 error is shown.

If you give the switch a tap or 2, or wiggle the cables coming out of it a bit, does the error message go away?

More than likely it is a bad FLO switch and easy to repair/replace yourself. Cost is about $40-50 for a switch. My suggestion is to get an original Sundance Spa one and not an aftermarket one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.