Jul 31, 2021
League City
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey my wife and I are looking at getting our first pool installed at our house. We are limited by a UE and new codes for the city that restricts how close you can build to your foundation. It’s now 5’ to the outside of the structural steel which makes it 6’ essentially off the house. This limits us to a 10’ wide pool that we are looking to make 30-32’ long with a spa on the end so close to 40’ long overall.
We are putting a tanning ledge in and I’m trying to decide if 6’x6’ is big enough with stairs taking up the other 4’ of pool on that end or if I should just make the sunahwld the entire width of pool 6x10’ and our stairs in front. We will use the sun shelf quite a bit with a newborn and my wife will want to lay out. Is 6x6 big enough for two loungers and not being cramped? Two pics attached for the two different designs. The pic with the 6’x10 sun shelf has stairs in fron

what does everyone think?
D16926E9-42DB-43AC-9239-C9D9119FBB6F.jpegDC9AFD9D-47B2-43DA-B1A3-1846F07DAE92.jpeg

Use some rope or water hose to make the two sizes and use a large beach towel if you don't have a lounger to use to test the sizes.

Me? I would do it with the stairs like shown on the bottom picture just so I have more swimming and playing room

Reactions: Mbb04
Our tanning shelf rarely gets used. Almost everyone floats or swims. More play/float area is always good, imo.

Depends if you plan on placing a lounger there, then you will need the dimensions.
We have one and my girls love it, more as a launch pad to dive. you kind of have to know the crowd using it and gauge if it will be used.
I think 6 is minimum for most loungers, if that helps.

Depends if you plan on placing a lounger there, then you will need the dimensions.
We have one and my girls love it, more as a launch pad to dive. you kind of have to know the crowd using it and gauge if it will be used.
I think 6 is minimum for most loungers, if that helps.
That’s what I thought I needed. Length more than width would be the concern for the loungers. I hate to have a huge ledge and it never get used

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.