Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My SunAway Pool Equipment Pad Sun Screen was completed this week. It exceeded my expectations in both appearance and quality of workmanship and materials.

I really like it. Pool equipment really suffers here in Arizona and I know it will really help to keep those brutal Arizona UV rays off of my (mostly) new pool equipment.

I would highly recommend this company to anyone. Sun Away Outdoor Shades is a family business. They are currently doing installations in Arizona and South Central Texas. My Installer was Vince (one of the family members). He is phenomenal. Extremely professional and personable and just a really good guy. Excellent workmanship and he really has a lot of respect for your property, pool equipment etc. Super clean work habits and completely cleans up everything when he was done. Very attention-to-detail oriented in the design and workmanship. He works with the customer to insure complete customer satisfaction. Every install is custom designed and installed.

The metal they use is powder-coated extruded aluminum and they have a variety of colors to choose from. The sun-shade material they use blocks out approximately 75% of the sunlight and harmful UV rays.

They offer a lifetime warranty against any defects and they provide free estimates. They offer sun shades that are stationary (such as mine) and also pivoting, raised and free standing models.
If you are looking for a high quality sun shade for your pool equipment, please check them out at: SunAway.com or see them on facebook. I highly recommend them!

Last edited:
looks amazing! One question though - why is it necessary to shield pool equipment from the sun?

Variable speed pumps, for example, are programmed to lower their speeds when they overheat. And although plastic parts on pumps and filters are designed for prolonged outdoor exposure, shielding them from persistent sunlight can lengthen their lives.

Reactions: MyAZPool
looks amazing! One question though - why is it necessary to shield pool equipment from the sun?
Thanks,
Just as Rob stated. The Arizona sun/UV rays are very extreme. It will destroy rubber and plastic in just a few short years. Clear plastic (such as pump bowl lids, IntelliChlor clear plastic cover, clear plastic covers on IntelliValves, etc can begin to yellow (haze) after just one summer season here and will become completely hazed over after two or more years. It makes pool equipment look very old quickly. It shortens the life of the pool equipment with that brutal sun bearing down on it year after year. Just try even touching your pool equipment (regular pool maintenance) in mid-summer/mid-day and you'll burn your hands. Trust me, it's bad.

The Sun-Away Pool Equipment Pad Sun Screen will greatly help overcome all of those issues I believe.

So I tell my friends who don't live here or who stop by for a visit, that there are three things that you must have in order to survive in the "Valley of the Sun".
1. Swimming Pool​
2. Air Conditioning​
3. Blender :mrgreen:
Not necessarily in that order :p
r.​

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is a gorgeous enclosure. I can see folks in the south using something like this also. It uses fabric like the Coolaroo shades, right??

Maddie :flower:
YippeeSkippy
Maddie,
Thanks very much. I'm not sure what Coolaroo shades are but here is the info on the fabric (I should have included this in the initial post).
EASY GARDENER Sun Screen Fabric.
Easy Gardener Products
My color is: "Saddle Tan", but they have a few other color options.
They (Easy Gardener) claim it provides 75% more shade
Blocks sun and heat
Lowers ambient temperature below the sunscreen up to 15 degrees
Won't fade, mold or mildew
Thanks...
r.

Reactions: chemillion
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.