Summer Waves Elite Wicker 18'

Jun 12, 2012
With a pending home addition in the works, we are going to get a "less permanent" above ground pool. We like the Summer Waves Elite 18'x52" round pool. However, I know the pump/filter is likely terrible and we want a salt system.

I'm thinking to simply add the Intex Salt and Sand system with a 2150 gph rating. Would this be adequate for the pool? From my calculations quickly, it looks like the pool is under 9000 gallons which works out to less than 20 gpm (1200 gph). I'd remove the pump from the included canister and just use an adapter on the pump body.

Also, do the legs need a pad under them or is installation directly on grass (ground cover/mat) ok?

Does this sound ok (pump setup)? It would be a 1-3 year pool and after house addition is done, we want to do a permanent above ground aluminum/resin pool.

Thanks!!

Here is the pool:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.dark-wicker-18-feet-round-metal-frame-pool-package---52-inch-deep.1001068467.html

Here is the pump:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PHX0D9I/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527096022&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=intex%2Bsaltwater%2Bsystem&dpPl=1&dpID=41d2yR38NiL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I don't have anything under my legs but I am in a 15 inch rainfall area (when we are lucky) and the ground is pretty hard. Most people put thick paver blocks under the legs.

Number one and hardest part of the process is get the ground level - by digging down to lowest spot, NOT filling.

I would recommend getting your salt system separate from your pump/filter as they tend to die sooner and can be replaced. I don't think you save much by getting the all-in-one anyway. (another possibility is to go ahead get a pump and filter that you will use on your future "real" pool)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.