Suggestions on which Dolphin Robot?

I feel your pain. My Tigershark QC just died last week almost 12 years old. My head was spinning from trying to figure out just the model differences for the Dolphins. I ended up ordering the Z5 from Epic, should be here this Tuesday (6/6). I also ordered the pro remote for $69 ( from someone else) which gives the Z5 most of the software features of the M5.

No top access to filters and no caddy....no way!

If you don't have a caddy then you have to store the unit upside down when outside the pool or else you'll irreparably compress the brushes.

The nice part about the S300i is that the unit allows you to manually drive it with your phone app so you can send it anywhere in the pool you want. The unit is also designed to be lifted to the surface of the water by the cord and then you pull it by hand out of the water. Without Bluetooth app controls, it can wind up at an awkward part of the pool to retrieve it.

I just went through the same process you are going through. Thanks to help from the forum I got the Active 30i, which is the exact same model as the 300i, for a very good price from.

They are an authorized dealer and I had no problem registering the unit with Maytronics. I saved lots of $$$ going this route, as the best price I could get locally was $1599 for the Active 30, no one carried the A30i.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is this thread visible to the M crowd?:D

Of course it is, and I actually plug it with a link pretty often. If every S owner in this thread had opted for an M first thing like me, they would think its the best one. Conversely for the M owners I'm sure, because the products are just that good.

We are all gaga over these things because they work so well, and I think you have to experience it to believe it. Those of us who have...S or M simply want everyone to see how nice it is having one of these gems. Going into my fourth season, I still feel like I got a heck of a deal, and mine has had a rough and tough life.

My buddy (mrcarcrazy) who lives here, opted for the Z5 and best we can tell, its an M4 with different clothes on. If I ever decided to go with something under the M5, I think it would be my first hard look.

Of course it is, and I actually plug it with a link pretty often. If every S owner in this thread had opted for an M first thing like me, they would think its the best one. Conversely for the M owners I'm sure, because the products are just that good.

We are all gaga over these things because they work so well, and I think you have to experience it to believe it. Those of us who have...S or M simply want everyone to see how nice it is having one of these gems. Going into my fourth season, I still feel like I got a heck of a deal, and mine has had a rough and tough life.

My buddy (mrcarcrazy) who lives here, opted for the Z5 and best we can tell, its an M4 with different clothes on. If I ever decided to go with something under the M5, I think it would be my first hard look.

I secretly feel like I could have gotten a bigger, badder cleaner than my A20 - an M? But that's just between you and I!

My only wish is that running for 2 hours on my 18 x 38 pool does leave a few spots missed. All I really need is a 3 hour cycle. But not enough to make me sad. How can I be sad with Earl.

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with maytronics trying to decide which unit to buy. I ended up with the Oasis z5. The shops around me wont sell the s300i for less than $1350 and the best price I found for the s300 was $1000.

The difference between the s300 and the s300i is not worth the $350. Only difference is that the s300i covers wearables during the second year and it has more options on Bluetooth. The Triton Plus with powerstream is the same as the s300 (basic Bluetooth and warranty doesn't cover wearables in second year) but it doesn't come with caddy

Maytronics person I spoke with on phone said the Oasis is the better cleaner for the money. You can get it for $1049, there's a $50 rebate and I found a coupon for $25 off (poolreview25), so you end up paying $975, free shipping and no tax. Maytronics person also said the Oasis z5 has been around for a long time and they don't get many back for repairs. But if it needs it, turnaround time for a repair is 5-7 days including shipping. For me, warranty is important since these units are expensive to repair

That said, you have to be careful with online sales. Dolphin specifically voids all warranties if you buy online from a shop that is not an authorized Dolphin seller. This is why you won't find them on Amazon. So if you found a super deal online, say from eBay, there may be no warranty. Again, that's why I went local brick & mortar to avoid those hassles.

You're saying this one on Amazon void's the warranty?
https://www.amazon.com/Maytronics-Dolphin-99996212-us-Robotic-Powerstream/dp/B01NAQ0LPL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496769950&sr=8-1&keywords=dolphin%2Btriton%2Bplus&th=1

No, that won't void the warranty. That is the internet model of the s300 and active 30.

But I just found a company, Home | Marina Pool Spa & Patio that will sell the active 30i, which is the best one, for $899 including shipping and tax. You can't buy it online, but you call them and they will ship it to you. They're a major maytronics dealer, even stock all parts.

Unfortunately I found them about 2 hours after my Oasis z5 shipped and the company says that there's a 10% handling fee if I ship it back, even unopened

They have the best prices on parts, and they have excellent customer service with good tech support as well. I got all my refurb stuff from them, but have bought filters from them since my first replacement set. I actually found them first on ebay. At the time, everyone was asking $100 or near it for a new set of fines, and they were asking $50. Still are four years later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.