Suggestions for umbrella sleeve

Arizoniann

Jan 16, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
We have a Baja step which has a hole for an umbrella on it. The umbrella pole is too small and so the umbrella wobbles around quite a bit. What can I put in the hole to make the umbrella stable? I found umbrella rings that work for tables,to protect the table from scratching. Would that same sort of ring work to stabilize an umbrella on a Baja step? Or is there something else that would work better?

I bought one of the patio umbrella cones similar to the one linked above (mine is brown link here) - I found one from the Amazon Warehouse section for a good discount. The add-on price of the link MinerJason posted is a much better deal...

It does work, The best method I have found is to step on the top of the cone to drive it into the sleeve a bit more and then it really stays put. I haven't used it much on the underwater baja sleeves since we use it most of the time on a sleeve in our deck for an umbrella we often use in the tilted mode - the wind always wants to move the umbrella when it is tilted and the cone slows that down quite a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.