Suggestions for Pentair CNC 420 replacement cartidges

Jan 19, 2018
Henderson, NV
I've seen a few posts in this forum about being happy with Pleatco as an alternative to OEM. But my sense (I could be wrong) is that the Pleatco price is no longer nearly as attractive as it used to be. Looks like I can find them for about $290 for a set of 4.
My question is if anyone know of any other good brands that are of high quality like Pleatco that I might want to look at?
I don't want to use poor quality filters just to save some money but don't want to spend more just for brand-sake.
I was looking at ones from "PurePool" (https://a.co/d/gCj8abW) as an example. It has overall really good reviews but then a few random ones that say they are complete garbage, don't filter well, and fall apart. So I was curious if others have used them OR other brands with success.

But my sense (I could be wrong) is that the Pleatco price is no longer nearly as attractive as it used to be
Pentair bought Pleatco and just like that, (2021 IIRC) they were the same price as OEMs. I expect the filters they sell for other brands to follow suit, if they haven't already.

If the other brands look decent enough, they only have to last as long as the proportionate price. (Failing twice as quick at half the price is a wash).

Reactions: Trivegas
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.