Austin Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Today I noticed my salt cell panel is blinking “Inspect Cell”. I don’t check this often but do it every once in a while and I last checked probably 2 weeks back.

Two months back, I checked the salt cell and posted: Newbie: Should I clean SWG cell or not?. As advised by TFP fam, I did not clean the cell with MA then.

Does “inspect cell” mean more than cleaning the cell? May be end of life? I don’t know when this was bought, I got the property last September from the previous seller.

Attachments

• 9EBF8A4C-E253-4352-9884-E757D5C22390.jpeg
    9EBF8A4C-E253-4352-9884-E757D5C22390.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 4
It's just a timer that goes off every 500 hours reminding you to check it for scale. I never have any.

Reactions: Mdragger88
@nick.s Thank you. I ended up cleaning the cell. It was mostly very clean except for few porous scales on either ends of the cells. It may not need a cleaning but I have never done it for the last 6 months since I got the property.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.