Suction for vacuum is blowing out water

nicpppardo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
Hi Everyone! Our inground pool was shut down for a month while we retiled and plastered. We just filled it with water and I was doing the pool start up instructions for new plaster - I went to hook up the vacuum and noticed where there is usually suction, it was blowing. And where there was usually blowing in the hole next to it, that was sucking in (and it is not a vacuum hook up - just a normal valve that circulates the water). On our filter pipes, we turned that nozzle that controls the floor being the main suction or that vacuum. Nothing worked!

We are breaking down the filter now - maybe the plaster dust was just too much?? Has anyone heard of this blowing in reverse with no other adjustments made?

Thanks for your help!

To follow up with more specifics-

- Pool is about 15k gallons

- My photo shows (1) and (2) - 1 is what is sucking, but usually blowing and 2 is our vacuum hook up that is blowing instead of sucking.

- I’ve also attached a picture of my pool pump.

- Lastly, we do have a Jandy SWG, but since it’s a new plaster there is no salt or anything. So it’s on, but not doing anything

Attachments

• 3F50F124-B000-4E18-9D6A-6A1BBAE0919E.jpeg
    3F50F124-B000-4E18-9D6A-6A1BBAE0919E.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 12
  • B5F2BE1E-7DF4-4C46-8EBB-C4FFDC51D55B.jpeg
    B5F2BE1E-7DF4-4C46-8EBB-C4FFDC51D55B.jpeg
    462 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.