Stumped - Pump Won’t Prime

Update:

Took the pump apart and replaced the impeller and all the seals/gaskets. Reassembled it and turned it on and it seems to be running fine.

However, the same issue is still persisting. Grabbing the PVC pipes, the water from the pump to the filter is pushing hard, like normal. However, the return from the filter going to my heater doesn’t feel like water is flowing at all, at least not with any notable pressure.

So I opened the filter to take a look and noticed a crack/hole in the top manifold. I also noticed that the filter grids were only coated with DE on the bottom half. Obviously going to be replacing the manifold, but could that be the source of the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1941.jpeg
    IMG_1941.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 1
Update:

Took the pump apart and replaced the impeller and all the seals/gaskets. Reassembled it and turned it on and it seems to be running fine.

However, the same issue is still persisting. Grabbing the PVC pipes, the water from the pump to the filter is pushing hard, like normal. However, the return from the filter going to my heater doesn’t feel like water is flowing at all, at least not with any notable pressure.

So I opened the filter to take a look and noticed a crack/hole in the top manifold. I also noticed that the filter grids were only coated with DE on the bottom half. Obviously going to be replacing the manifold, but could that be the source of the problem?
If it is flowing in one pipe it has to flow out the other. The hole in the manifold just makes it easier to flow. Amazing that DE was on the lower part of the grids, it certainly wasn't filtering with a hole that size. DE in the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.