Stumped by this Hayward Pump

The only way to properly test a capacitor is to use a meter that can test for capacitance.

When you have a three terminal capacitor, you use the "C" and "Herm" terminals and you do not use the "Fan" terminal.

I just confirmed that I had the top capacitor on the C and HERM lead. Same operation as before.

I don’t think my multimeter measures capacitance - I have a new meter coming Tuesday so I can check them out.

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for your help. With the cost of just the diagnostics for the motor I’m beginning to think I should just order a new motor and be done with it. I am still going to wait for my multimeter to arrive and test the capacitors just to see if somehow the new ones I got were bad.

I never really used the 2 speed operation so I’m wondering if I can just replace it with a single speed motor. Would this one work as a direct replacement (I would leave the A wire capped off)

Thanks so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.