Stuck while closing..

Yinn

Apr 12, 2019
New Jersey
I’ve read a bunch of posts, and watched a bunch of videos, but now I’m stuck.

Heres what I’ve done so far:
1. End of season, SLAMed the pool.
2. After letting it return to balance, I added algaecide.
3. Drained pool below skimmer and return lines - used main drain to allow a deep drain.
4. Using a rigid 5hp shop vac, I stuck it to skimmer 1, locked the skimmers out with the main drain valve and blew out skimmer 2. Shut off the shop vac, added a little bit of pool anti freeze, and put my gizmo in.

Question 1: My pool gizmo did not come with a rubber gasket, is that a concern? Should I go out and buy a rubber gasket?

5. Once gizmo was in, I then locked out skimmer 2, unlocked skimmer 1, locked out the main drain. I then removed all the plugs to drain our the filter, salt generator, and pump.

6. Once drained, I returned my slide valve back into circulation mode.

Question 2: Is there any way to bypass the filter without going into backwash mode with a Jandy slide valve? Do I need to plug the backwash to bypass the filter?

7. With it in circulation, I locked off the cleaner line and return 1. Blew out the line, filled with anti-freeze, plugged it. I repeated this with return 2 by locking return 1 and opening return 2.
8. Once done, I locked out return 1 & 2, and blew out my cleaner line until no more water came out. Filled the line with a little bit of anti freeze and plugged it up.

Question 3: How do I lock out the cleaner line? If I lock out the cleaner with the immediate valence I end up opening the returns. If I lock out further up, I end up opening the main drain.

9. While I pondered this, I decided to blow out the main. There is no valve to lock off the pump. The first valve after the pump is the slide valve. In backwash mode, the air just blows out the backwash pipe. So then I left it in circulation, but then it goes through the SWG and then out to the cleaner line that I didn’t lock out. So that’s when I decided to lock out the cleaner line and open the main drain (9 feet deep) Turned on the blower, not a single bubble. So I’ll probably have to pick up a cyclone blower.

While I wait for that to arrive, I still have the dilemma. How do I lock out the cleaner and the main drain? Do I need to plug the backwash exit? Or is there something I’m missing with my valves? All of the blowing I’m doing has been from the skimmer, so I’m blowing through the filter I think.

B505855E-3A88-45CE-8754-36BED260D0FF.jpeg

0BDE5BC1-21D9-49E4-9578-268FBDDEE2D7.jpeg

830CCDED-2238-4A49-B78E-DCA6E0EF4C16.jpeg

In your situation, especially if you lowered the water below the returns and skimmer, I would have use Blow-Thru plugs on both the suction and return line. Working with a shop vac from the skimmer creates a long path for air to travel. Some Gizzmo's have no gasket, just use extra Teflon Tape.

Below is my closing link, etc. Please go through it carefully to give you ideas on how to do this.

Concept of closing an IG Swimming PoolThe concept of closing an in ground swimming pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.