Struggling with little to no chlorine add

Jul 25, 2016
Indiana
Hello all. First year fully endulging in TFP methods and must say my water is crystal clear no doubt. Following are my analytics: FC 5 CC 1 pH 7.8 TA 70 cya 20 (I added a gal of liquid conditioner a week ago and wanted to see where it got me which was from zero to 20 so I know I need to bring this up)

the pH and TA have been very stable and after original slam (even though I didn’t have cya where I wanted it or high enough, now my chlorine levels have stabilized with no overnight consumption. So my question is, I’m struggling to accept at night when I test and FC is 5 and calls for no ads. Makes me feel like I’m missing something. And when I do need to add it’s very small micro amounts. Is this just rookie panic????? Or am I missing it???

If your CC is 1 you have not finished SLAM. You finish when ALL 3 items are passed.
After that, if your pH and TA stay stable you only need to add bleach/chlorine to counter your daily usage. For your pool size, 2 FC drop would be about 1/3 a gallon of 10% a day. If you have shade you might not drop that much.

I keep coming up with CC of 1 BUT I am using a two year old kit. I am not losing chlorine over night so it doesn’t seem the sanitizer is working on organic matter when not being interfered by sun consumption. All that said, I’m reluctant to slam again until I order and bring in refills because it’s obvious one of the data points is skewed and I want fresh reagents to validate which way to move forward. Does that sound sensible?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.