Struggle to keep FC up

So I guess I'm at the point where I need to ask, how does one know if the SWG isn't doing what it's supposed to do? Not saying that's where I am, but like I said way earlier in the thread, I've slammed 2x this summer, and last summer I ran my SWG no higher than 33% the entire summer, I'm now at 82%, crystal clear water, zero CC, but still losing about 2-3 FC a day...

The best way to check for a SLAM is doing a OCLT.

Were you testing your water last summer the same as this year? The same accuracy?

FYI, I'm running my IC40 6 hours per day at 80% to cover my daily FC loss. Have you taken it out and inspected the plates to see that they aren't calcified? That can really affect the chlorine production.

Pentair recommends cleaning them with acid every 3 months IIRC. I don't, only as needed. It shortens their lifespan, but it is necessary sometimes. There are some good videos on YouTube that show how to do it properly.

Yes, K-2006c test kit last summer too...

I will do an OCLT test tonight.

If the OCLT is passed, you might want to try an overnight chlorine generation test. Test your FC after the sun goes down. Test your FC in the morning before the sun hits the pool. Leave the SWCG ON during that time. Then see what the SWCG should have generated vs what your pool gained in FC.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So supposedly the builder is brining up a more detailed test for SGC, even though it running at 100% right now 24 hours a day, isn't adding any FC to my pool. Also want to know if I've tested for phosphates???

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I asked him if it's running at 100% 24 hours a day, why isn't my salt level getting rapidly consumed. In 72 hours it's dropped from 3800 to 3750

And PB just texted me to tell me "there's a lot of things that can consume chlorine so we will have to analyze and make sure we are covering our bases" and "the machine does not use up salt to create chlorine, the salt doesn't go down because of consumption it only goes down because of splash out, make up water or evaporation"...

And PB just texted me to tell me "there's a lot of things that can consume chlorine so we will have to analyze and make sure we are covering our bases" and "the machine does not use up salt to create chlorine, the salt doesn't go down because of consumption it only goes down because of splash out, make up water or evaporation"...

All of that is quite true.

The post above about phosphates is not. But that is the first thing pool stores and SWCG manufacturers jump on.

Evaporation does not cause you to lose salt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.