Stripped/broken mounts on Pentair check valves.

Jun 10, 2010
Southern, CA
I have four actuator valves and four Pentair check valves in my system.

I recently disassembled them for the first time since buying house. I think they are 12 or so years old.
I found that every actuator had at least one stripped screw and same with check valves.

One check valve, the screw hole thing is broken off.
I don’t think anything is leaking yet, but I don’t want to come home to a blown valve and empty pool.

I saw some useful posts about epoxy filling the stripped ones.

Anyone with any thoughts on the broken one?

My only good idea so far is to build up an area (bigger than the original hole) with JB Weld and drill a new hole?
I fear even epoxy won’t stick well to the black plastic (anything better out there?)

TIA, Rick

Sounds like someone in the house before you over tightened or cross threaded the screws in the valves.

Post pics of the broken one and let us see what it looks like.

You can try the epoxy tricks and see if it holds. If the valve leaks it should be a drip and the other screws will keep it from being a blow out and empty pool.

To mount an actuator, you have to remove 4 screws and install 4 longer screws.

The problem with using a valve actuator from one brand and a valve from a different brand is that the screws have a different thread.

The screws are self tapping and they will bite into the existing plastic threads, but it will damage the threads.

By using the same brand, the thread is the same and you should be able to avoid cross-threading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.