Streaks/marks in new plaster job

deserthawk

Jun 5, 2021
Nevada
Hey all, just got my pool replastered (standard white plaster) and am noticing some streaks/marks near the deep end after about 3 days. I can't tell whether these are just darkened streaks or actual variations in thickness from troweling (see photo). I've balanced the pool to proper pH, and have been brushing several times a day as recommended by the company that did the job.
Does this look normal?

Attachments

• 63886999-FB27-4491-843C-AACCC6DCFE1E.jpeg
    63886999-FB27-4491-843C-AACCC6DCFE1E.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 56
Welcome to TFP :)

Every pool plaster will have it own marks, streaks and everything in between.. Plaster is a hand made product so you will see little things like this and it is normal. It gives your pool its own look and personality.. some crews are better than other so sometimes you will see more or less.. as long as the plaster job was done correct it will last for years.. :)

Thanks. It's really only in that area, and until I can get in the pool and inspect it up close, I can't say whether it's streaking or actual trowel marks. I'm not sure something like this is worth a replaster or anything, but maybe there is a way to smooth it out. Would a stainless brush on the area make any difference, you think? To level it out?

Not sure I would even consider using a stainless steel brush on new plaster. I think first you need to inspect it up close and personal before doing anything. Maybe ask the PB or plaster company.

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.