Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
As the caption mentions I have to remove this 4" pipe to access the suction line inside the skimmer to attach my hose so I can manually vacuum the steps and sun deck. Is it required?

What I assume what would be the suction in the pool, just below the skimmer feels like water coming out to no action at all.

2nd question, why does the apparatus in the 3rd photo actually stream water into the skimmer.

Attachments

• IMG_20221013_165443.jpg
    IMG_20221013_165443.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221013_165500.jpg
    IMG_20221013_165500.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221013_165516.jpg
    IMG_20221013_165516.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 17
You have a venturi skimmer. There should be a valve on the return side of the plumbing at your equipment pad that sends a bit of return water to the venturi skimmer.

Your third pic is where the return water comes out. It then goes thru the left pipe of pic one back to the pool. Thus creates a venturi effect thereby creating extra suction to pull debris into the skimmer basket. All the parts must be in place for the venturi function to work.

Does the pool have a fitting in the sidewall with a flap type dofer on it? Is there a valve on the suction side of the pump labeled Vac or Vacuum? If not, you can purchase a skimmer vac plate that gets inserted on top of the skimmer basket and the vac hose plugs into it. You may need to get a vac plate specific to your skimmer make. Look at the skimmer cover for clues to the manufacturer and model number.

Post a few pics of your equipment pad from a couple different angles.

Last edited:
Reactions: RickRude
I know as little about manual vacuuming as I do about Venturi skimmers, but Gene's post struck a chord because I was just reading another thread about someone trying to solve some sort of skimmer/manual vacuuming issue, and they were talking about some sort of plate that went over the skimmer basket. Anywho, he had a link in a post that might apply to your situation:

Reactions: SoDel and proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.