Strange Stains

agaeto

Apr 26, 2020
Albuquerque
Does anyone know what might have caused these stains around the drains in the deep end of our pool? It’s a quartz pool. I’m sure I caused this in some way before I knew what I was doing and understood how to properly maintain the pool. Just wondering if there’s any way to remove this or what it even is. The pool is 9 feet deep in the area that is stained.

Attachments

• CEB6091A-8B3C-4D7A-8392-33B6B2AD7DD9.jpeg
    CEB6091A-8B3C-4D7A-8392-33B6B2AD7DD9.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 32
The stains appear to be white/light in color? Did you use chemicals you broadcast into the pool? Cal hypo, dry acid, dichlor, etc?

OK -- I see it now. That looks like a ring that occurs if water is let to sit on the new plaster without continuously filling the pool. Do you remember when they plastered, did they start adding water and not stop? Or did they do an acid wash?

If water sat there, it is a ring that will take a very long time to sort of get better. Nothing you can chemically or mechanically do.

Ok I just looked through a bunch of photos. It definitely did not happen when the pool was plastered. It was something after the fact that I did to it before I knew how to properly manage the chemicals. I may try and swim down there and use a pumice stone on it to see if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.