Strange Salt Level Readings

Re: Strange

WOW those are crazy results. I ran out of strips and took a water sample to local pool store. They told me I was low on salt. Needed to add some salt, 40 lbs of salt (a bag) later, now I get over salt indicator on on one polarity. I think I need to reset the salt table in the CPSC. See if that clears it up.

New readings - Strips show 5220, drop test shows 5400, CompuPool CPSC says 3800. At least now my drops and strips are almost the same.

So, I called CompuPool and my power supply/computer matches the cell, but I also found out the power supply/computer can be calibrated. Looks like mine's off, but I already have too much salt in the pool so they are reluctant to walk me through recalibrating because it will turn off at anything past 6000 ppm. Now I'm trying to decide if I really want to drain a bunch of water, having a 44,000 gallon pool means I'd have to drain 14,500 gallons to get it back to 3500 ppm. I read here and talked to others and they stated they occasionally have to add salt due to splash-out. Thinking I'll just wait for the salt level to go down on its own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.