Strange issue

Opened our in ground pool 3 days ago and was pleasantly surprised to see the water was clear with only a few fist sized blossoms of algae. Over the next couple of days I cleaned the pool and ran the pump for 12 hours a day while I adjusted PH, TA, CYA and salt levels to target range. I left the SWG off. With cloudy weather forecast for today I added bleach at recommended dosage to slam pool. Then I went golfing! When I got back home my pool had gone from cloudy clear to green.

Anyone have any idea why the water would go from clear to green in a few hours on a cool cloudy day?

Thanks
Doug

Thanks for the input. Before adding the bleach you could clearly see the bottom of the pool and make out a dead spider etc on the bottom. When I next looked it was dark green and you can’t see the second stair let alone the bottom in the dee end. So if cloudy green is algae then I guess that’s what I’ve got. Hard for me to wrap my head around how the water from such clarity to muddy in 5 hours! Crazy stuff!

That is strange. What are your current chem levels and what are you using to test them? What temp is the water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.