Just Opened Pool - Need Help

jtberridge

May 8, 2023
Oklahoma City
Hey all! I just opened my swimming pool for the season. It was very green when I pulled back the cover. I shocked it with 2 gallons of liquid chlorine and have had my filter running non-stop for 36 hours now. The water is no longer green but is cloudy to where I cannot see the bottom. What can I do to clear it up enough to see what I am vacuuming?

Another twist to this, my current filter set up does NOT have a way to vacuum to waste so I am not sure what to do there either once I CAN vacuum.

Any suggestions for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

What can I do to clear it up enough to see what I am vacuuming?
The SLAM Process. That page is key to killing and removing algae.

my current filter set up does NOT have a way to vacuum to waste so I am not sure what to do there either once I CAN vacuum.
All you can do is filter then clean the filter or backwash if it's a slide valve.

Be sure to checkout our Pool Care Basics page and let us know if you have any other questions. Enjoy the forum, and welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.