St James, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’m having a strange Hayward Aquarite T-15 SWG issue. I read through the further reading thread and can’t pinpoint the root cause.

With the cell connected when the switch is moved from OFF to AUTO you hear the relay click. Then the voltage reading slowly increases from 0 to ~20V. This takes about 20s. At that point the relay clicks off and the voltage drops back to 0 for about a minute. It does this over and over again.

With the cell disconnected, all looks good. Voltage reads 25.5V, all 5 TP’s check out good, output to cell (pins 1&2) show 25V.

I thought the cell must be bad. Purchased a new one and the same thing is occurring.

The board visually looks good except for the coating on the top of C1 (one of the large capacitors) seems to have separated a little bit. Usually I would think that the cap is bad but I do not see any bulging of the cap itself. Either way I think that is my problem, but I have not read of anyone else having this problem.

My readings:
3200 (actual salt level 2750)
25.5 (with switch OFF) 0-24 (with switch AUTO creeps up then drops to 0 repeatedly)
0 (once voltage hits ~20 a little current is drawn <1A then drops back to 0)
100P
AL-1
r1.58
T-15

Cell SN: 3E18156-206125

Board PN: G1-066012F-1 Rev A SN: G1-015005-40 A 1913 61025

View attachment 343016

Thanks James. I didn’t think it was the thermistor. The last time I needed to replaced it the symptoms were different and the thermistor was peeling.

I appreciate the quick responses. You guys are fantastic.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.