Storm fried my SWG

bere

Bronze Supporter
Feb 5, 2018
Mont Belvieu, TX
Yesterday there was a bad storm that caused a power surge and fried some of my appliances, including my SWG and robot cleaner. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy and replace just the control panel for the SWG? I have a Hayward SwimPure Plus.

How old is your cell? It may be most economical to buy a complete new system and you will have a spare cell for when your current one gets depeleted.

Does nothing light up? I believe the board in the control panel can be replaced. Have you done any troubleshooting on it?

@JamesW

I have not done any troubleshooting, I just realized it was damaged a while ago-it’s not lighting up at all. I do have an electrician coming out tomorrow morning to check things out. I’m crossing my fingers it’s just a power issue.
My cell is almost 2 years old, I guess it wouldn’t be bad to have a new replacement cell on hand.

My SWG controller blew in a lightning storm and it turned out to be a $1.45 fuse. It is possible it’s easy and cheap. Sending you those wishes big time !!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.