Storing MA - best options

bgray9

Bronze Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Hi,

I learned awhile back to not store MA and chlorine anywhere near each other. But I had been storing MA in a garage cabinet and I'm now noticing the hinges on the cabinet are getting rusty. So I need to find somewhere to store the MA that is safe and not child accessible and not have a problem with hinges and such deteriorating. I'm thinking of having some type of storage container out by my pool equipment, but I'd want to have it locked or something to ensure kids don't get into it. Any ideas? Thanks.

There are a number of deck boxes, small sheds, etc made out of plastic that you can also 'lock'.

I use a plastic trash can with a lid for my MA, but that is not child proof.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I use something like this box
Suncast SS900 Deck Box, Taupe Amazon.com : Suncast SS900 Deck Box, Taupe : Deck Boxes : Garden & Outdoor

Mine doesn't lock but it would probably be pretty easy to attach some baby proofing cabinet locks to it. I have a two year old that has shown no interest in it so far, but I keep my box on the pool side of a pool fence. Said toddler is always well supervised on the pool side of the fence so a lock just for just the box hasn't been a priority.

This is the One I use, it holds 4 gallon jugs no problem. To make it lockable, you could simply drill a hole through the top and front, and install either a rubber coated cable lock, or a long child proof cabinet lock.
You can get the cabinet at either Home Depot, or Walmart. :cheers:

How many gallons of MA does that hold?

The one I linked above easily holds 4 gallons. I think it's the same size as the one arizonarob linked as well. I would have to check to see if it would hold more than that, but I've never needed to store more than 3 jugs in there since I buy them as a 2 pack in with two gallons in a cardboard box and don't go through MA too quickly. It would easily hold 2 of the cardboard boxes (4 gallons).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.