Storing Liquid Chlorine

OscarB

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2018
Mantua/nj
Hi everyone. I built a small shed next to my pool thinking I could keep all the chemicals in there and free up some much needed space in my garage. However, as I went in there the other day it was really freakin’ hot! I live in NJ so we are in the upper 90’s with a ton of humidity. A heat index of about 100. Is it bad to store chlorine at this high of a temp?

I typically buy it in a 5 gal container and then pour it into 5 one gallon containers for easier handling. Does anyone know if the heat (even though it is not in direct sun and in Clorox containers) affect the potency of the chlorine?

Thank you,

Oscar B

Yes, eventually heat will get to it....but at least you've ruled out sun cooking the chlorine strength down.

Remember to not store Muriatic Acid in the same shed as the chlorine. If you've got crawl space under the house, or another cool spot that might work out for one or the other chemical.

Maddie :flower:

Yes, eventually heat will get to it....but at least you've ruled out sun cooking the chlorine strength down.

Remember to not store Muriatic Acid in the same shed as the chlorine. If you've got crawl space under the house, or another cool spot that might work out for one or the other chemical.

Maddie :flower:
Just curious. What happens if MA is stored in same shed as liquid chlorine? Is that true also for storing MA with solid (container of tabs) chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.