Stonescapes mini pebble install streaking?

Abear1979

Jun 14, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Hi all!

We had our Stonescapes Tropics mini pebble Puerto Rico blend with added blue blend glass installed today. I am seeing a lot of streaking. The acid wash is being done tomorrow so I’m unsure if the acid wash will correct these issues or not? Trying not to panic yet. This is our first pool ever and building on top of it, so we’re learning a lot! Any insight is appreciated!
6820F97E-3363-4DC9-9CDB-6C4D0D34809F.jpeg
D24341D9-CD5F-436D-A378-8A218A03FB22.jpeg
2DCDF176-85E1-4EB3-97E2-4A0B3FEBFD79.jpeg

Hi, looks like your thread needs a bump. I'm no expert but I'll share my thoughts. Could have they soaked up more water with a sponge roller? Probably. But I would not worry. They could not clean too aggressively as it would hurt your finish. Tomorrow they will acid wash and scrub. I would think all that residue will come off and expose the beautiful finish underneath. Now where is @kimkats with her helpful care instructions?

On another note, love the decking. Looks like soapstone. Very elegant. Most some pics tomorrow before and after you have water.

Reactions: Abear1979
I would worry, too. Did you alert your PB and send photos?
Can you ask the people coming and see what they think? I'm sure they've seen it all.
From what I've watched on an acid wash, it takes 3 people: One to sprinkle the acid, one to rinse with a hose, and one to scrub with a brush.

Hi, looks like your thread needs a bump. I'm no expert but I'll share my thoughts. Could have they soaked up more water with a sponge roller? Probably. But I would not worry. They could not clean too aggressively as it would hurt your finish. Tomorrow they will acid wash and scrub. I would think all that residue will come off and expose the beautiful finish underneath. Now where is @kimkats with her helpful care instructions?

On another note, love the decking. Looks like soapstone. Very elegant. Most some pics tomorrow before and after you have water.

Thanks Desert Dog for your feedback. It’s much appreciated! The decking is called Leonardo in our area (actual crates labeled as River Silver travertine).

Acid wash should take care of it. Be there if you can as the water starts going in and sound the alarms if it's not to your liking before then.

Thanks for chiming in. I’m hoping they show up in the morning. Of course I have a dental appointment in the afternoon that I’d rather not be at, much rather be stalking my pool lol!👀

I would worry, too. Did you alert your PB and send photos?
Can you ask the people coming and see what they think? I'm sure they've seen it all.
From what I've watched on an acid wash, it takes 3 people: One to sprinkle the acid, one to rinse with a hose, and one to scrub with a brush.

I’ve spoken to him on the phone and he will be stopping by. He seems to think the acid will take care of it. Tells me to trust the process lol! So fingers crossed. Thanks for the info on the acid wash. I wasn’t sure how they do it exactly.

You rang?? Hi and sorry to be meeting under these circumstances but it is all good. The acid wash should take care of that. I agree with the above statement about making sure to look at it close before they start filling the pool with water so you can point out any areas that need some extra attention.

WHEN they start filling with water make sure there is a sock or something on the end of the hoses so the metal will not mar that new plaster.

Once the water starts flowing do NOT allow it to stop! Stopping the flow of water can cause a ring in the plaster that is almost important to get out :(

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners:
Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

You also need your own test kit. Here is a link for them:
Test Kits Compared

Kim:kim:

You rang?? Hi and sorry to be meeting under these circumstances but it is all good. The acid wash should take care of that. I agree with the above statement about making sure to look at it close before they start filling the pool with water so you can point out any areas that need some extra attention.

WHEN they start filling with water make sure there is a sock or something on the end of the hoses so the metal will not mar that new plaster.

Once the water starts flowing do NOT allow it to stop! Stopping the flow of water can cause a ring in the plaster that is almost important to get out :(

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners:
Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

You also need your own test kit. Here is a link for them:
Test Kits Compared

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim! I appreciate the help and links. I’ll post some pics later on, you’ll love the bling stair/step markers!😊

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hope we can see some pics. I've been waiting so patiently. LOL.

sorry it’s taken a few days! Here we were filling. Definitely streaky but assured me it will come off with brushing. Some of the return lines had water leak out so there were some water spots, iI then stuffed them with rags to try and prevent it from getting worse. And a pic of the bouncy tile markers for @kimkats 😊
6010147F-48E7-4145-ACAD-F12C98658A79.jpegB7815D52-6CF3-44A9-847B-3AC1B25579F2.jpeg29130F15-066F-485E-852E-6CCA5CA6092E.jpeg

Here’s one with it completely filled in a cloudy day. We are hoping with the brushing and all the plaster dust flying around and adding chemicals the color will lighten up. Still waiting in PB to finish grading and add landscaping and removal of the trash but unbelievable he was able to complete in 5 weeks. We need to finish our Costco pavilion too!
885253D8-C95A-444E-9ED1-CEA8AC4BECDB.jpeg

Reactions: knee311
Here’s one with it completely filled in a cloudy day. We are hoping with the brushing and all the plaster dust flying around and adding chemicals the color will lighten up. Still waiting in PB to finish grading and add landscaping and removal of the trash but unbelievable he was able to complete in 5 weeks. We need to finish our Costco pavilion too!
View attachment 163945
It looks beautiful!😍 We are planning a very similar design pool/spa with Leonardo travertine too! What color is your pebble finish? And what is the stone around your spa? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.