Stonescapes midnight blue mini concerns

Pooldudemidnight

Sep 14, 2021
South
Hi everyone. I am stressing over my new pool finish and need your advice. I recently had the applicator install the stonescapes midnight blue mini pebble in my pool and the blue cement is still present with light shades of black aggregate/multi color pebbles. The sample does not show anything with blue cement mixed in and so now has me worried. Does the blue cement eventually wear off? Isn't midnight blue mini supposed to have a black uniform color integrated with multi/color pebbles? I am wondering if it is a poorly done acid wash or I should just be patient until the true color shows.

Thanks!

J

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am stressing over my new pool finish and need your advice. I recently had the applicator install the stonescapes midnight blue mini pebble in my pool and the blue cement is still present with light shades of black aggregate/multi color pebbles. The sample does not show anything with blue cement mixed in and so now has me worried. Does the blue cement eventually wear off? Isn't midnight blue mini supposed to have a black uniform color integrated with multi/color pebbles? I am wondering if it is a poorly done acid wash or I should just be patient until the true color shows.

Thanks!

J
Hi, I am having the same problem, did your finish improve?

Attachments

• IMG_1916.jpeg
    IMG_1916.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 71
For reference, we have NPT midnight blue mini pebble. Here are photo's of before/after acid wash/fill

Attachments

• AfterAcidWashBeforeWater.jpg
    AfterAcidWashBeforeWater.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 55
  • before acid wash.jpg
    before acid wash.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 54
  • water fill.jpg
    water fill.jpg
    960.3 KB · Views: 57
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.