Stingy with my Pool

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
So my mom asked if the Pastor and his family could come by my house to swim in MY pool and I stopped what I was doing and said "noooooooo". It's not that I don't like them, I just don't want to be the "go-to" fun house for church gatherings or anything. "Get your own pool", I'm thinking. eerrggghhh.

I don't know...I feel like a snob at times. Oh! well... I'm not having parties at my house whenever "someone" feels the urge to swim. Eerrgghhh. Am I a stingy person or what? :confused:

I'll be the second to admit to this as well.

One of my sister in law's "invited herself & a friend" over texts to me and I was annoyed
at first, but of course they were welcome.

Someone here posted they had just bought a home with a pool in great condition
with clear water and on moving day a neighbor lady and her kids were in the pool.

When the new owner asked what the heck they were doing, she said,
"oh well, previous owner let us just use it whenever we wanted."

They responded something to the effect of: "well, I'm not previous owner. get out."

LOL...true
I dunno. I'm pretty sure any damage he does is considered an Act of God by insurance companies and not covered

:p

OMG...I would have been so upset. LOL. No way...I'll be upset if my Dad came to swim without telling me. Yeah I know...I would't say no to my parents, but I'll be annoyed for sure. LOL.

I'll be the second to admit to this as well.

One of my sister in law's "invited herself & a friend" over texts to me and I was annoyed
at first, but of course they were welcome.

Someone here posted they had just bought a home with a pool in great condition
with clear water and on moving day a neighbor lady and her kids were in the pool.

When the new owner asked what the heck they were doing, she said,
"oh well, previous owner let us just use it whenever we wanted."

They responded something to the effect of: "well, I'm not previous owner. get out."

Nope!! IF you initiated the invite sure.....but for someone else, I don't care if they are family or not, to invite someone else over??? Nope, nope, nope!!!

Stand firm because if you allow it to happen one time it will happen more and more until your pool will become the community pool.

Kim:kim:

That's what I was thinking. The first invite will open doors for the congregation weekend swim bash. eerrgghhh.. I don't think so. LOL

Nope!! IF you initiated the invite sure.....but for someone else, I don't care if they are family or not, to invite someone else over??? Nope, nope, nope!!!

Stand firm because if you allow it to happen one time it will happen more and more until your pool will become the community pool.

I can see where that could be a big problem with too many people (especially strangers) popping in on your home and pool.

Me? I think I'm going to have to pay people to come and share my beautiful TFP pool with me. I don't enjoy my pool nearly as much now that it's just me. Joy and fun is best when shared, right?!! All my friends are old like me and are afraid of the sun. Imo, they're totally irrational about it - I have great shade on my pool all except for 4 hours in the early afternoon. They do love looking at my pool from my living room with the a/c running!

So, I have the opposite issue!! Lol!!

I can see where that could be a big problem with too many people (especially strangers) popping in on your home and pool.

Me? I think I'm going to have to pay people to come and share my beautiful TFP pool with me. I don't enjoy my pool nearly as much now that it's just me. Joy and fun is best when shared, right?!! All my friends are old like me and are afraid of the sun. Imo, they're totally irrational about it - I have great shade on my pool all except for 4 hours in the early afternoon. They do love looking at my pool from my living room with the a/c running!

So, I have the opposite issue!! Lol!!

Hey Suz! I see a personal ad coming..."M/F to Swim & Laugh".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Suz! I see a personal ad coming..."M/F to Swim & Laugh".

Bmore, you may have been joking (or maybe not), but I seriously considered sending a group text to everyone I know and giving them a sad story to guilt them into coming! Lol!! It's beyond me how anyone doesn't love a crystal clear swimming pool. Actually, I would be happy just knowing my pool was being enjoyed (with respect, of course).

Pool_Medic, I like your simple rules. I could add those to my group text, right?!!!

Shoot Suz, if I lived closer I'd be there with ya!

Thanks, Zea!! If you ever get on the wrong freeway and end up in my neck of the woods, jump on in!! I'll provide everything you need or want!!

Haha! I even tried to import Kim to Houston! But she and her hubby have the summer all planned out. Maybe some day, then, Zea, you'll have to drive up. We'd make some crazy TFP memories, right?!!!

You're not stingy, it's your pool and you can do whatever you want.

We are a family of 4 and want to get more use out of our pool than just us, but at the same time do not want people constantly over. Our happy medium is to have a pool party once or twice a month.

Im the only one who can invite folks...period! That being said I love having folks over and there actions dictate future appearances :)

One day! OH one day I WILL be at Suz's house/pool!

Suz until then print out invites and pass them out to the "good" neighbors AND send out a text to all you know...............celebration of life at your house! Set the day and time and throw open the gates!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.