Still slamming a friends pool

The pictures you posted did not look all that cloudy.

Clarifier is glue. We do not recommend except in specific cases and unless they have been at SLAM level for over two weeks, they should not use it. What type filter do they have? Is it being cleaned when the pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure?

During the day it does that. Some is UV, some may be organics. True test is the OCLT.

If you can get a picture showing the brush on bottom or some other object it is easier to see how cloudy the water is. But filtering is what takes care of cloudy once the algae is gone. And I suspect their filter is compromised.

During the day it does that. Some is UV, some may be organics. True test is the OCLT.

If you can get a picture showing the brush on bottom or some other object it is easier to see how cloudy the water is. But filtering is what takes care of cloudy once the algae is gone. And I suspect their filter is compromised.
She is going to take a pic for me of the vacuum in the pool so you can see the water clarity.

Reactions: mknauss
This is currently. The white looking stuff in corner is clouds reflecting

Attachments

• received_2394256917522889.jpeg
    received_2394256917522889.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 28
  • received_514540782417415.jpeg
    received_514540782417415.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 28
  • received_461448451337247.jpeg
    received_461448451337247.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 27
That does not look all that bad.

Above ground pool, right?
Check ladder, steps, etc. They can hide algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks to me that the filtering needs to improve. With sand in the filter you can add DE to improve the filtering. Do maintain the SLAM level until clear.

Looks to me that the filtering needs to improve. With sand in the filter you can add DE to improve the filtering. Do maintain the SLAM level until clear.
She's asking about just shocking it the regular way now to get it cleared up. Then, just get their CYA back down and do the bleach method. We are expected to get 4-6 inches of rain in the next days and with a small pool they can get it down quick . What do you think about this? They have went through about $200 of bleach in a week.

What is shocking the old way?? That is a waste of chlorine.

Replacing some of the water to lower CYA is a good idea. Do that. And improve the filtration.

That raises the CYA. That makes no sense. Bagged shock is chlorine and CYA (or calcium). Liquid chlorine is chlorine and water.

If they perfer to use Cal Hypo, that is fine. As long as their calcium is very low.

They are about to their end on this slamming. It is a hard concept to sell on someone who hasn't reaped the benefits of it and use the method. Much less in the slamming method using all this bleach.
I suspect it has not been done very efficiently, which wastes a lot of chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.