Still having PVC trouble

NewPoolGirlTX

Bronze Supporter
Sep 5, 2021
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
I bought these from Amazon

• TONGASS 2” MIP X 2” PVC HI-TEMP UNIONS - The 2-inch MIP threaded connector end is for a 2-inch FIP threaded pool pump connector while the 2-inch slip end is for a 2-inch PVC pipe. This high temp union coupling is a universal fit best used for pool pump installation
However, my PVC pipe doesn't fit tightly. It appears that the inner diameter of the union is slightly bigger than it should be, when compared to a coupler

Where did I go wrong? The description reads as if it should work.

Attachments

• 20220506_121223.jpg
    20220506_121223.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 17
I bought these from Amazon

• TONGASS 2” MIP X 2” PVC HI-TEMP UNIONS - The 2-inch MIP threaded connector end is for a 2-inch FIP threaded pool pump connector while the 2-inch slip end is for a 2-inch PVC pipe. This high temp union coupling is a universal fit best used for pool pump installation
However, my PVC pipe doesn't fit tightly. It appears that the inner diameter of the union is slightly bigger than it should be, when compared to a coupler

Where did I go wrong? The description reads as if it should work.
Right description. Most likely problem is with the manufacturer's quality control. Never heard of TONGASS. Very aftermarket, apparently. Your pipe should start out relatively tight going in and you should not be able to bottom it out without glue. CMP, at only $2.00 more on Amazon, is a very reliable brand, I use them regularly. They make high-quality replacement parts for many applications that I've never had a problem with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.